This letter, as an abbreviation, stands for Henry (a king of that name) in tbe citationof English statutes. In the Year Books, it is used as an abbreviation for Hilary term.In tax assessments and other such official records, “h” may be used as an abbreviationfor “house,” and the courts will so understand it. Alden v. Newark, 36 N. J. Law, 288;Parker v. Elizabeth, 39 N. J. Law, 693.H. A. An abbreviation for hoc anno, this year, in this year.H. B. An abbreviation for house bill, f. e., a bill in the house of representatives, asdistinguished from a senate bill.H. C. An abbreviation for house of commons, or for habeas corpus.H. L. An abbreviation for house of lords.H. R. An abbreviation for house of representatives.H. T. An abbreviation for hoc titulo, this title, under this title; used in references to books.H. V. An abbreviation for hoc verbo or hac voce, this word, under this word; used inreferences to dictionaries and other works alphabetically arranged.
What is H?
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased