When a motorist involved in an accident flees the scene.
Archive | H RSS feed for this section
the term when a person kills out of self-defence.
This term applies to the person who would be heir now but if another person is born who is more closely related he wouldn’t be heir.
This term is applied to cases where a fair decision can only be reached by a liberal interpretation of the laws.
This term applies to repeated intoxication that is due to drinking alcoholic drinks to excess.
This term applies to killing a [personal that was an accident. See manslaughter; involuntary manslaughter.
the name given to the legislative body of the United States Government whose members are elected every 2 years.
This term applies to a robbery that involves a weapon of some kind.
this is the term given to a court that is the last resort and whose decision is final and the matter cannot be considered again.
This term applies to siblings that have the same mother but a different father or the same father but have a different mother.
These are words found in an habendum clause in a deed that says exactly what the heirs will receive.
A term used to describe property held by a person who is not the owner but who is a trustee or an agent.
TLD Example: The parties to the contract agreed to have the down payment held in trust by the attorney for the seller until the transaction was completed.
a slang term meaning to cheat or to swindle.
a word that means a thing is usual and customary and is repeated. It also applies to bah habits such as drunkenness.
a person who is trained in handwriting analysis to determine if the writing is from the person it supposed to be from.
These are the laws that forbid a person a person from laving the scene of an accident.
This term applies to the summary of the issues that are involved in a case.
This means to damage, injure or hurt.
These are the laws that govern and relate to condominiums.
This term is the same as accidental homicide.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?