When a motorist involved in an accident flees the scene.
a term given to a book that is for the purpose of teaching a subject’s fundamentals.
an adverb that refers to a phrase, sentence, page, clause or paragraph in a document.
This term applies to the laws that govern descent and inheritance.
the name given to a clause in a deed that describes the estate that is to be granted.
a common phrase found in wills that means all of the property of the person who has made the will.
This term applies to a corporation that buys a large plot of land and improves it for houses.
The term given to an agreement between management and labor.
This a Latin phrase to do with inheriting an estate as written in a will and testament of the person who has died.
This term applies to the blameless killing of a person, such as in self-defense.
the name given to the federal agency that deals with housing.
a deceitful act where only part of the truth is told where all of the truth will lead to a different conclusion.
the term given to the induced state of a person who is responsive to suggestion.
This applies to the reporting of physicians to the appropriate authorities about drug users and addicts.
This term describes the piece of membrane that covers the entrance to the vagina that is found in virgins. See maidenhead.
the term used to describe a house of prostitution. Also known as a bawdy house, house of ill-repute.
A law that prohibits a person employed in an executive government position from engaging in campaigns to elect candidates for public office.
This term is given to an attorney who is employed exclusively by one corporation or company.
These are the items found in a home that are permanent in nature.
This means to preside over an open court.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?