When a motorist involved in an accident flees the scene.
This term is the same as accidental homicide.
a term that denotes “no responsibility” where a person is excused form obligation and liability.
a phrase with the same meaning as the heir and is recognised by the law.
These are the laws that protect homosexual people against discriminatory acts of legislation.
the term that describes taking an organ from one person and giving it to another person.
This term applies to an act that is carried out with no regard to the safety and welfare of other people.
This phrase applies to a person who aids or hides a foreigner in the US who has not got a legal right to be in the country.
This term applies to stealing something while it in transit, including planes, cars, trucks and merchandise in them.
a term given to a book that is for the purpose of teaching a subject’s fundamentals.
an adverb that refers to a phrase, sentence, page, clause or paragraph in a document.
This term applies to the laws that govern descent and inheritance.
the name given to a clause in a deed that describes the estate that is to be granted.
a common phrase found in wills that means all of the property of the person who has made the will.
This term applies to a corporation that buys a large plot of land and improves it for houses.
The term given to an agreement between management and labor.
This a Latin phrase to do with inheriting an estate as written in a will and testament of the person who has died.
This term applies to the blameless killing of a person, such as in self-defense.
the name given to the federal agency that deals with housing.
a deceitful act where only part of the truth is told where all of the truth will lead to a different conclusion.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online