When a motorist involved in an accident flees the scene.
A term used to describe property held by a person who is not the owner but who is a trustee or an agent.
TLD Example: The parties to the contract agreed to have the down payment held in trust by the attorney for the seller until the transaction was completed.
a slang term meaning to cheat or to swindle.
a word that means a thing is usual and customary and is repeated. It also applies to bah habits such as drunkenness.
a person who is trained in handwriting analysis to determine if the writing is from the person it supposed to be from.
These are the laws that forbid a person a person from laving the scene of an accident.
This term applies to the summary of the issues that are involved in a case.
This means to damage, injure or hurt.
These are the laws that govern and relate to condominiums.
This term is the same as accidental homicide.
a term that denotes “no responsibility” where a person is excused form obligation and liability.
a phrase with the same meaning as the heir and is recognised by the law.
These are the laws that protect homosexual people against discriminatory acts of legislation.
the term that describes taking an organ from one person and giving it to another person.
This term applies to an act that is carried out with no regard to the safety and welfare of other people.
This phrase applies to a person who aids or hides a foreigner in the US who has not got a legal right to be in the country.
This term applies to stealing something while it in transit, including planes, cars, trucks and merchandise in them.
a term given to a book that is for the purpose of teaching a subject’s fundamentals.
an adverb that refers to a phrase, sentence, page, clause or paragraph in a document.
This term applies to the laws that govern descent and inheritance.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?