When a motorist involved in an accident flees the scene.
the term applied to a criminal murder.
a mental illness where a person has the irrational desire to kill someone.
the name given to a house for people moving back in to society from a jail or other institution.
the proof of one witness or one document that is not enough to decide a case.
This term applies to case that often have extenuating circumstances where a lenient stance is taken by the court.
the term used when a person hides another person wanted by the law.
the name given to the person who has been left money or property by another person in a will.
the oath that is taken by medical school graduates.
These are some of the questions asked of witnesses in trials that are based on assumed facts or a theory.
This term means to keep possession, such as a lease being held over after it is over.
the term when a person kills out of self-defence.
This term applies to the person who would be heir now but if another person is born who is more closely related he wouldn’t be heir.
This term is applied to cases where a fair decision can only be reached by a liberal interpretation of the laws.
This term applies to repeated intoxication that is due to drinking alcoholic drinks to excess.
This term applies to killing a [personal that was an accident. See manslaughter; involuntary manslaughter.
the name given to the legislative body of the United States Government whose members are elected every 2 years.
This term applies to a robbery that involves a weapon of some kind.
this is the term given to a court that is the last resort and whose decision is final and the matter cannot be considered again.
This term applies to siblings that have the same mother but a different father or the same father but have a different mother.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?