When a motorist involved in an accident flees the scene.
a common phrase found in wills that means all of the property of the person who has made the will.
This term applies to a corporation that buys a large plot of land and improves it for houses.
The term given to an agreement between management and labor.
This a Latin phrase to do with inheriting an estate as written in a will and testament of the person who has died.
This term applies to the blameless killing of a person, such as in self-defense.
the name given to the federal agency that deals with housing.
a deceitful act where only part of the truth is told where all of the truth will lead to a different conclusion.
the term given to the induced state of a person who is responsive to suggestion.
This applies to the reporting of physicians to the appropriate authorities about drug users and addicts.
This term describes the piece of membrane that covers the entrance to the vagina that is found in virgins. See maidenhead.
the term used to describe a house of prostitution. Also known as a bawdy house, house of ill-repute.
A law that prohibits a person employed in an executive government position from engaging in campaigns to elect candidates for public office.
This term is given to an attorney who is employed exclusively by one corporation or company.
These are the items found in a home that are permanent in nature.
This means to preside over an open court.
document that releases a person from serving in the armed services who conducted himself well.
the term given to the fee charged for rendering a client services.
This term applies to an heir who will inherit an estate resulting from an agreement with the decedent.
This term applies to a person who kills another person while defending himself.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- W-9s: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online