the special permission for a structure to be built where it contravenes the zoning laws.
The people appointed by the town or city government that administer the zoning regulations and laws.
These are the laws, rules, regulations and ordinances that govern the types of structures that can be built in various parts of the town, community or municipality.
Strategy of trading where one option purchased is equal to one option sold.
File of compressed data that can be expanded when received using an unzipping program.
Zero coupon bond that can be converted to common stock at a set price or if government issued into a bond bearing interest.
Provision of collective bargaining agreements stating that all parts of the agreement are contained and nothing has ben left out.
Level of prevention of defects where output is within limits.
Term describing old debts bought to life by actions of collecting it.
Industrial processes that won’t release any toxic or harmful material into the environment.
Dividing land into zones according to features or intensity of disasters.
Share receiving a fixed sum on redemption.
Acceptable range of outcomes from negotiation between parties.
A stock that will return a set amount until it matures.
Legislative process dividing land into zones for different uses such as industrial, open space, residential. See zonation.
Stage of ‘just in time inventory control’ where any waste is removed and only on hand and required inventory is available.
Local law saying how each parcel of land will be used. Also known as zoning ordinance.
Information technology. No time lag between information exchange to interfaces or the instant response to input.
Document from local government that allows a piece of land to be used for the prescribed purpose.
Firm responding to events as they happen as information between departments is exchanged with no delay.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- W-4: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- W-9s: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online