the special permission for a structure to be built where it contravenes the zoning laws.
Archive | Z RSS feed for this section
The people appointed by the town or city government that administer the zoning regulations and laws.
These are the laws, rules, regulations and ordinances that govern the types of structures that can be built in various parts of the town, community or municipality.
Industrial processes that won’t release any toxic or harmful material into the environment.
Dividing land into zones according to features or intensity of disasters.
Share receiving a fixed sum on redemption.
Acceptable range of outcomes from negotiation between parties.
A stock that will return a set amount until it matures.
Legislative process dividing land into zones for different uses such as industrial, open space, residential. See zonation.
Stage of ‘just in time inventory control’ where any waste is removed and only on hand and required inventory is available.
Local law saying how each parcel of land will be used. Also known as zoning ordinance.
Information technology. No time lag between information exchange to interfaces or the instant response to input.
Document from local government that allows a piece of land to be used for the prescribed purpose.
Firm responding to events as they happen as information between departments is exchanged with no delay.
Way of analyzing an assets swap.
Services and products exempt from value added tax.
Company created by Barry Minnow in the 1980’s that appeared to be successful but most of the profits were from crime , fraud or fabricated. Went public in 1986, bankrupt in 1987. Minnow was jailed for 25 years for misappropriation of more than $23 million of company funds.
Decision theory. Where a participant’s gain equals another’s loss. Also known as constant sum game. See negative or positive sum game.
Transaction at the same price as one before it but higher than the one before that.
Municipal stock is traded for a different financial security.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?