the special permission for a structure to be built where it contravenes the zoning laws.
Archive | Z RSS feed for this section
The people appointed by the town or city government that administer the zoning regulations and laws.
These are the laws, rules, regulations and ordinances that govern the types of structures that can be built in various parts of the town, community or municipality.
Firm responding to events as they happen as information between departments is exchanged with no delay.
Way of analyzing an assets swap.
Services and products exempt from value added tax.
Company created by Barry Minnow in the 1980’s that appeared to be successful but most of the profits were from crime , fraud or fabricated. Went public in 1986, bankrupt in 1987. Minnow was jailed for 25 years for misappropriation of more than $23 million of company funds.
Decision theory. Where a participant’s gain equals another’s loss. Also known as constant sum game. See negative or positive sum game.
Transaction at the same price as one before it but higher than the one before that.
Municipal stock is traded for a different financial security.
Ambient air that has been filtered to have less than 0.1 PPM of hydrocarbons.
Bond that (1) pays no interest but is sold subpar, (2) interest paying bond stripped of its coupon. Also known as non-interest bearing bond, zero interest bond, zero rated bond.
Account used by a company handling very large endorsements.
Used in small businesses and by individuals. Method of bookkeeping with a zero balance at end of the accounting period.
Method of preparing cash flow budgets and operating plans which start from zero at the beginning of each year.
Code established by US Postal service to indicate each location. Has since been made 9 digits allowing more accurate identification of a location. Stands for Zoning Improvement Plan.
Strategy of trading where one option purchased is equal to one option sold.
File of compressed data that can be expanded when received using an unzipping program.
Zero coupon bond that can be converted to common stock at a set price or if government issued into a bond bearing interest.
Provision of collective bargaining agreements stating that all parts of the agreement are contained and nothing has ben left out.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?