Archive | J RSS feed for this section
a Latin phrase where the judgement against a defendant on an issue of law is raised by his defense.
the written denial of any errors to have allegedly taken place.
The term that issued when a person disappears before the trial and is in violation of posted bail.
term that describes the immunity that a judge has from civil liability for actions performed as a judge.
the term given to the formally recorded sentence listed din the clerk’s records.
the term that describes the jury of 12 to 24 men and women who will hear all of the court witnesses and evidence.
a term where a wrong will be shared between 2 or more people as they are responsible jointly.
term that means having equal responsibility.
The method that a jury is summonsed and compelled to attend a court.
This means to combine 2 or more issues, rights and demands in the one lawsuit.
the name used to describe a jury that is specially picked due to the importance of the matter before court.
This means to accept the issues that are raised in a suit by the opposing party.
the term used when a payment is given for taking over private property and using it for public use.
the term given to the power given to a judge that allows him to hear a case and to decide in favour of one party.
These are called “shield laws” and are enacted to give journalists and media people the permission to decline to revel confidential information sources.
The term that is used to describe the jury that cannot reach a verdict due to the insoluble differences of opinions of jurors.
the term that is applied to the acceptance of the plaintiff of a defendants presentation of an issue of law.
a term mused in tax practices that is the fair value of property for tax purposes.
the term used to describe the choosing of jury members.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?