The expression that relates to a trial by jury of a person’s equals.
Archive | J RSS feed for this section
the term used when a decision is rendered as long as one of the parties carries out certain actions.
the name that is given to the title of a property you have gotten from the owner and it may seem to be perfect but it is not absolute or perfect. See colour of title.
the term used when there is more than one executor to an estate.
the name that is given to the chief legal advisor to the military.
See law of nature.
the name that is given to a judge who is serving from the result of a legitimate appointment or election.
a term used to describe a trial by jury that is different from a trial by a judge only.
the term that applies to crossing a street in the wrong place and walking diagonally across the road.
the term that describes the space where the jury sits during the trial.
a Latin phrase where the judgement against a defendant on an issue of law is raised by his defense.
the written denial of any errors to have allegedly taken place.
The term that issued when a person disappears before the trial and is in violation of posted bail.
term that describes the immunity that a judge has from civil liability for actions performed as a judge.
the term given to the formally recorded sentence listed din the clerk’s records.
the term that describes the jury of 12 to 24 men and women who will hear all of the court witnesses and evidence.
a term where a wrong will be shared between 2 or more people as they are responsible jointly.
term that means having equal responsibility.
The method that a jury is summonsed and compelled to attend a court.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?