Insurance that covers damage to other peoples’ property if the insured is found to be liable for an accident.
The main operator of an insured vehicle.
How a vehicle is primarily used, such as for work, pleasure, etc.
The time period during which an insurance policy is effective. Also referred to as Policy Period.
The time period during which an insurance policy is effective. Also referred to as Policy Term.
The date on which an insurance policy ends.
The maximum amount an insurance company will pay under a policy to each person injured in an accident.
A cap on the amount an insurance company pays under a policy for all claims arising from a single accident.
the term that applies when a personwho has left a will but it does not allow disposal of all of his assets.
term that means to have a share in or to join in with others in an enterprise or an endeavour.
an order of the court that grants a person’s right to take over and occupy property being occupied by another person.
a term that is applied to a public right of way.
a Latin term for an application for a writ for a review and an inquiry by a higher court.
the term that applies to money paid to a trustee based on profits earned by business administrators.
term that means the death penalty.
These are the consequences or results that are likely to take place following an act or an event.
1. To pronounce or to declare. 2. To be approved by authorities. 3. A document that allows a prisoner a temporary leave.
the term that is given to a corporation with less than 5 people owning at least half of the stock and 80% of the income.
a term given to the defence that will deny a plaintiff the right to sue.
a statute of a law that imposes a penalty when it is broken.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online