1. A period of a jail sentence. 2. In some jurisdictions, a death from wounding to be called murder must occur with one year and a day.3. Time during which a person can claim a wreck before it becomes public property.
An illegal work contract where the employee is asked not to join a union and if he is a member to resign.
This term applies to an offender who is not a juvenile but not an adult either and may get a lenient sentence, rehabilitation and the setting aside of the conviction.
Business directory classified by business type.
Listing daily of bid and ask prices for over the counter bonds. Produced by National Quotation Bureau.
Yield differences of securities used you compare bonds of different credit rates and maturity dates.
Amount yielded by a dividend above the total investment cost.
Load a material will deform at and not return to shape.
Online website portal with a large array of information from entertainment to news and finance.
Variation of money earned from commercial mortgages compared to a standard value.
Dollar denomination bond sold in USA by a foreign bank. Equivalent to a Eurobond.
Yield on a bond calculated on the assumption the issuer will redeem on its first call date stated in the prospectus.
Run of mill lumber in various finishes, widths and lengths.
Average annual yield of an interest generating investment held by an investor until it matures.
Formula used to adjust formula in Pearson’s chi-square test.
Guidelines to adjust for losses by a marine carrier.
A year where records of a plan are kept.
Based on the start of a calendar year to the current date specified.
Revenue from the start of a calendar year to a current date.
Accounting. Done at the years end to close business for that year.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?