1. A period of a jail sentence. 2. In some jurisdictions, a death from wounding to be called murder must occur with one year and a day.3. Time during which a person can claim a wreck before it becomes public property.
An illegal work contract where the employee is asked not to join a union and if he is a member to resign.
This term applies to an offender who is not a juvenile but not an adult either and may get a lenient sentence, rehabilitation and the setting aside of the conviction.
Accounting. Done at the years end to close business for that year.
Comparing a company’s earnings with data from the previous year.
Spread of a viral infection by mosquitoes infected in Tropical Africa, South America and the Caribbean causing degeneration of liver and kidney tissues.
Corporation with plans to takeover a company in hostile manner.
Business directory classified by business type.
Listing daily of bid and ask prices for over the counter bonds. Produced by National Quotation Bureau.
Yield differences of securities used you compare bonds of different credit rates and maturity dates.
Amount yielded by a dividend above the total investment cost.
Load a material will deform at and not return to shape.
Online website portal with a large array of information from entertainment to news and finance.
Variation of money earned from commercial mortgages compared to a standard value.
Dollar denomination bond sold in USA by a foreign bank. Equivalent to a Eurobond.
Yield on a bond calculated on the assumption the issuer will redeem on its first call date stated in the prospectus.
Run of mill lumber in various finishes, widths and lengths.
Average annual yield of an interest generating investment held by an investor until it matures.
Formula used to adjust formula in Pearson’s chi-square test.
Guidelines to adjust for losses by a marine carrier.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?