A decision by an insurer to stop providing insurance coverage on the date a policy is due to be renewed.
Insurance coverage that is offered to an individual who is not the owner of the insured vehicle.
An insurance policy that provides coverage only when the driver of the vehicle is listed as a Named Driver.
A named driver not covered under a car owner’s liability insurance. See Excluded Driver.
the term that is sued to describe a crisis that involves the security and safety of the country.
a Latin phrase for no one is above the law.
the term that is given to the defence that raises no issue of the facts in the case.
the term given to the time a person has to make an insurance claim.
the name that is given to a person who is dependent on a narcotic drug and will suffer withdrawals if he stops taking the drug.
the term given to the implied notice that is subject to contradiction.
a notice to whom it may concern that is given to the general public.
a Latin phrase for the return of a sheriff’s writ or summons when the person cannot be found.
the term given to a fixed investment trust that can only buy securities listed when the trust was organised.
the term that is given to the notice in a record that is not in writing.
the term given to a divorce that does not need to find out if any misconduct has occurred.
the term that is a statement in a pleading recognising that notice has been given.
the term that is used for an offense resulting from negligent behaviour.
a term that applies to the inferred or the implied notice that can’t be contradicted legally.
The name given to a notice that is given personally, either in writing or spoken directly to the person involved in the legal matter.
the term used for the regulations and the rules that govern the people who are in the navy.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- W-9s: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online