A decision by an insurer to stop providing insurance coverage on the date a policy is due to be renewed.
Archive | N RSS feed for this section
Insurance coverage that is offered to an individual who is not the owner of the insured vehicle.
An insurance policy that provides coverage only when the driver of the vehicle is listed as a Named Driver.
A named driver not covered under a car owner’s liability insurance. See Excluded Driver.
a term that describes the breach of a contract and the failing to carry out the terms of the agreement.
the term for negligence that could have been avoided if the person had exercised due care.
a Latin phrase that is the defence where the defendant claims he has not committed a wrong
the term used for the result that comes after an act and was also expected to follow it.
the term that is given to the estate that remains after all debts have been paid.
the term that is used for having no use and lacking any usefulness whatsoever.
the term given to a notice from the plaintiff to the defendant to defend himself in a law suit. If he doesn’t it leads to a judgement by default.
term that describes a company’s worth after the debts and liabilities have been subtracted from its gross assets.
the term that is sued to describe a crisis that involves the security and safety of the country.
a Latin phrase for no one is above the law.
the term that is given to the defence that raises no issue of the facts in the case.
the term given to the time a person has to make an insurance claim.
the name that is given to a person who is dependent on a narcotic drug and will suffer withdrawals if he stops taking the drug.
the term given to the implied notice that is subject to contradiction.
a notice to whom it may concern that is given to the general public.
a Latin phrase for the return of a sheriff’s writ or summons when the person cannot be found.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?