When two or more vehicles are involved in a low-impact collision with minimal damage.
Archive | F RSS feed for this section
The name given to laws requiring motorists to obtain insurance coverage on vehicles driven on state roads.
See false arrest.
a statement that is a deceitful and untrue statement that is made for ulterior motives.
the term that describes a law suit that is not legally tenable and as such is worthless.
right that will happen in the future and in accordance with provisions and stipulations of an existing contract.
These are the additional instructions that are given to the jury by a judge after they have begun deliberating a case.
an order given by the post master general to return mail to the sender who is using mail to defraud.
This term is applied to the earnings an injured would have made if he had not have been injured.
abbreviated to FDIC and is an agency of the US government that insures solvency of banks and their deposits.
the amount set that needs to be deposited before a suspect is released.
These are the facts that a plaintiff will base his claim on or which the defendant denies the claim on.
TLD Example: The time it takes for a trial can be greatly reduced if the opposing parties can agree on key points and reduce the facts in issue in a particular case.
This term applies to the unlawful restraint and or imprisonment of a person and an illegal arrest.
This term applies to the beneficiary who receives more than others.
the term given to the decision that will settle a matter.
the merger of businesses that is not to be contested by any of the businesses involved.
a ruling to prevent Americans who earn money overseas from paying double income tax.
These are the agreed on prices. See price fixing.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?