A type of auto insurance coverage wherein the insurer will cover the cost of bodily harm caused by the policyholder deemed at fault in an accident.
Archive | B RSS feed for this section
A shortened name for the “Kelley Blue Book,” which publishes the values of used vehicles.
A government-set auto insurance rate used in Canada. An insurance company that sets its rates within a certain range of the benchmark rate does not need government approval to use those rates.
This term applies to a child who has been injured as a result of being beaten by a parent.
the patent in a new field that is often of great importance and is recognised by the scientific community.
the trial where the judge will find the facts and also apply the law instead of letting a jury decide the law.
the decisions of a judge that are contrary to the law and that should have been left to state or federal legislative governments to decide.
Anything that is phony or fictitious.
This means to grant or bequeath something.
This term applies to a child who is born to parents who are not married to each other. See bastard; illegitimate child.
the person who puts up the bond that is necessary to get the release of the accused.
This term applies to the violation of moral duty.
These are applied to drafts, notes and cheques and other securities of high quality that causes them to be treated by the banks that same as cash.
used to prevent a pregnancy and is practiced in several ways such as abstinence, condoms, diaphragms, jellies and oral contraceptive tablets.
This term means that you have a specific knowledge of something.
a clause in a will that gives the inheritor a direct interest in the property of the person who made the will.
the plan where you balance expenditures against the income so to ensure that solvency is maintained.
the written statement that accuses a person of a crime that leads to a trial for the commission of the said crime. Also known as a complaint.
The examinations that law school gaduates need to pass before being given the priviledge to prac tice law in a state or federal court.
the term that is applied to the public announcement of an intended marriage. These proclamations are usually made in a church.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date