A type of auto insurance coverage wherein the insurer will cover the cost of bodily harm caused by the policyholder deemed at fault in an accident.
Archive | B RSS feed for this section
A shortened name for the “Kelley Blue Book,” which publishes the values of used vehicles.
A government-set auto insurance rate used in Canada. An insurance company that sets its rates within a certain range of the benchmark rate does not need government approval to use those rates.
an arbitration where the arbitrating parties must accept all of the findings and decisions of the arbitrator or arbitrators.
the term that applies to the creditor who has taken a bond in order to secure his debt.
the person who is the representative of a labour union who hears the worker’s grievances.
the exception to a rule that bars the introduction of hearsay evidence in law suits.
This term applies to illegally entering any premises with the intention of stealing.
the person who is appointed by a sheriff who will perform acts such as serving summonses, subpoenas etc.
the instruction by a judge to the jury that they are bound by existing laws in their deliberations and in their ultimate verdict.
a dangerous weapon or a club made of a heavy wood that sometimes has lead at its centre.
This involves the sale of a business or the part of a business is sold for money which will be a fraudulent sale if the creditors are not paid from the proceeds.
This term applies to an installment loan with interest that provides for a larger final payment that is known as the balloon payment.
The question is to balance the relief given to the plaintiff against the injury that will be done to the defendant.
TLD Example: The court weighed the balance of convenience and opted not to grant the injunction requested by the plaintiff in light of the harm it would do to the defendant.
the term that applies to someone who has property delivered to them in trust for another person. He will get compensated for doing this.
This means in accordance with the fundamental principles of justice and is in conformity with the usual judicial proceedings. Se due process of law.
the device where a person converts his ordinary income into a capital gain by selling corporate stock.
specially selected jury that is composed of well qualified people.
an organisation that is composed of attorneys.
International matters. Where a country wants to protect itself against a country or countries that may attack it by making alliances with a friendly country.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?