A type of auto insurance coverage wherein the insurer will cover the cost of bodily harm caused by the policyholder deemed at fault in an accident.
A shortened name for the “Kelley Blue Book,” which publishes the values of used vehicles.
A government-set auto insurance rate used in Canada. An insurance company that sets its rates within a certain range of the benchmark rate does not need government approval to use those rates.
a clause in a will that gives the inheritor a direct interest in the property of the person who made the will.
the plan where you balance expenditures against the income so to ensure that solvency is maintained.
the written statement that accuses a person of a crime that leads to a trial for the commission of the said crime. Also known as a complaint.
The examinations that law school gaduates need to pass before being given the priviledge to prac tice law in a state or federal court.
the term that is applied to the public announcement of an intended marriage. These proclamations are usually made in a church.
the term used when you lend money to a person with who you have a contract and makes the borrower into a creditor.
a court like body that is authorised to act in an impartial manner under all of the rules of arbitration.
This term refers to a club or a bludgeon. Many police officers carry a billy.
a professional betting man who takes bets from many people on different sporting events and then distributes money to the winners.
This term applies to all personal property including land and any other type of property.
term for extortion and it is a criminal act where a person will attempt to get money from another person by threats.
These are the rights that are exercised during the conduct of a war.
the term that applies to the responsibility of a party starting a lawsuit to produce the evidence that will prove the case.
a debt that is secured by an issued bond with the monies received to be used for corporate purposes.
This term applies to a conference that is held in secret.
a term meaning to promise to marry or an engagement.
an agreement where the owners contract to pay the well drillers a set some of money when they reach a certain depth.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- A Guide on Lemon Law for New & Used Cars
- The Exclusionary Rule
- Illegal Eviction – The Consequences & How to Avoid It
- California Landlord-Tenant Laws
- What is Duress?
- Conservatorship vs Guardianship
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?