An insured person who has had no time period during which he or she was uninsured since first taking out an auto insurance policy.
The most common form of optional auto insurance coverage, alongside Collision, covering damage that is the result of non-collision factors, such weather and theft.
Along with Comprehensive, the most common form of optional auto insurance coverage. Collision Coverage covers the cost (minus a deductible) of repairing damage to a vehicle when the insured driver is at fault or the at-fault driver is unknown
A document issued by insurance companies or agents to vehicle owners as proof of compliance with laws requiring car insurance coverage.
A policy of insurance protecting an owner and driver against losses associated with the use and operation of a motor vehicle.
When an insurance policy is terminated prior to the renewal date. Either the insurer or the insured can cancel a policy.
These are the papers that are given to a person who has been born overseas and is now recognised as a citizen of the country.
a list of the cases to be read for trial and are scheduled to be tried during the terms of the court.
the action of a national labour relations board that determines if an employee want that union to represent them.
These are the methods of the law that apply to the apprehension, trial and punishment of the accused.
This term is applied when the evidence presented disproves or is contrary to the testimony of a witness.
a claim that appears to be valid but is in fact invalid.
a federal agency that is a subdivision of the Public Health Service which is a division of the Department of Health and Human Services. See contagious diseases, reporting of.
the pardon that only comes into effect when certain conditions are met or terminates because a condition is not fulfilled.
This term is applied to a celebrated case that attracts an unusual amount of public attention due to the people involved.
a common term for a thief, forger, conman or swindler.
the agreement that fixes the amount to be paid to a contractor for costs of materials and labour.
an opinion that is based on a study, reason or thought.
These are the consent forms that a person will read and then sign when they agree to the terms of the procedure.
a term that means something is full or finished and is not lacking in any way and is a complete copy or a complete legal title.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check