A combination of letters and numbers that identifies the vehicle’s make, model, and year. Usually found on the dashboard, vehicle registration, or title.
Archive | V RSS feed for this section
a judgement that is as he fails to press a suit in the courts against the plaintiff
a copy of a document that has been authenticated by the creator of the original.
verdict that is given by a jury in an open court as differing from a private verdict. See verdict, privy.
a verdict that has ruled on each fact at issue rather than in favour of one of the parties. See verdict, general.
a term that applies to the clause or clauses in a law that prescribe the penalties for various violations.
the term given to the killing of a person that is associated with a fit of anger seemingly for a good reason. It is intentional but not planned.
a federal law that provides a person with the right to vote without any conditions or requirements.
verdict that is given in private to a judge after the court has been adjourned. It will be given publicly when the court is in session next.
the term that is applied to a verdict that the jury was entitled to render by law.
a term given to the clauses in laws that prescribe the penalties for violations of the laws.
a malicious action done to annoy or hassle the opponent in a case before court.
a term that is used for a judgement that has no legal force or effect.
a verdict that is in the defendant’s favour on grounds that the plaintiff does not have aright to bring a charge against him.
a term that applies to a willing court appearance.
the term relating to the effectiveness of a law as it relates to the constitution.
tax that is the difference between the cost of an asset and its fair market value. Also known as an ad valorum tax.
a law that can be voided as it is unclear or is lacking a thing hat makes it precise.
verdict where a coroner’s jury cannot decide whether a dead person has died from natural causes or from a criminal act.
the willing statement of a defendant that is free from coercion that admits to some facts attesting to his guilt.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?