A combination of letters and numbers that identifies the vehicle’s make, model, and year. Usually found on the dashboard, vehicle registration, or title.
Archive | V RSS feed for this section
1. The facts that take a way a defendant’s right to be sued where he lives. 2. The facts that will be established at a hearing.
the term given to the act of leaving a person with no good reason to and without their consent to leave.
a situation where the jury members leave court to see where an accident or crim occurred.
a verdict that not in proportion to the matter in hand and violates the court’s conscious.
the information that is kept on births, deaths. Marriages, divorces, longevity etc that is kept by public authorities for determining public utilities etc.
the worth of an item in money, its value, saleable value, fair value. See value, fair; fair and reasonable market value.
1. To willingly pay a debt. 2. Paying an illegal demand such as a bribe when it is asked for.
the term used to describe killing a person by using a vehicle.
A term often used in a promissory note meaning that there has been a lawful consideration given for the note.
a verdict that is sealed inside an envelope that will be delivered when the court is in session next.
the interference of a person’s right to privacy by various means such as showing photos in public.
a term used to describe the truthfulness or the honesty of a person.
the name of a federal government agency that administers government benefits to veterans of the US armed forces and their dependents.
a French term for face to face or in relation to.
a verdict with an award of money to a plaintiff arrived at by adding all of the juror’s awards and dividing by the number of jurors.
verdict that is subject and is dependent on a court’s decision of various points of law.
These are the list of names that have been authenticated by an officer of the court.
the name given to a group of people who get together voluntarily to form an organisation to carry out public good.
the name that is given to a consulate of a government who assumes the duties of a consul.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date