A combination of letters and numbers that identifies the vehicle’s make, model, and year. Usually found on the dashboard, vehicle registration, or title.
Archive | V RSS feed for this section
See value, fair.
a term that applies to the request by a debtor for him to be declared bankrupt.
the verdict that finds a person guilty but also mentally incompetent.
this is a term given to the changing of a venue where a trial will be held because the new location is better for a fair trial.
the value that a seller will sell an item for a and a value the buyer is willing to pay.
an act to infringe on a copyright where you have no permission to do so. See infringement of copyright.
a rule in building contracts where an owner is entitled to the difference in value between what is built and what should have been built.
applied to a verdict that isn’t in line with the principles of justice.
when a person fails to follow the instruction of the court when they are paroled.
a voluntary withdrawal by a plaintiff from a trial of a case he has proposed.
1. The facts that take a way a defendant’s right to be sued where he lives. 2. The facts that will be established at a hearing.
the term given to the act of leaving a person with no good reason to and without their consent to leave.
a situation where the jury members leave court to see where an accident or crim occurred.
a verdict that not in proportion to the matter in hand and violates the court’s conscious.
the information that is kept on births, deaths. Marriages, divorces, longevity etc that is kept by public authorities for determining public utilities etc.
the worth of an item in money, its value, saleable value, fair value. See value, fair; fair and reasonable market value.
1. To willingly pay a debt. 2. Paying an illegal demand such as a bribe when it is asked for.
the term used to describe killing a person by using a vehicle.
A term often used in a promissory note meaning that there has been a lawful consideration given for the note.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?