the person who takes the x-rays but does not examine and interpret them.
Archive | X RSS feed for this section
These are short length light rays passed through a vacuum tube that can penetrate tissue. Also called roentgen rays.
These are the reports written by a doctor after examining the x-ray films.
The x-ray films remain the property of the physician. The report belongs to the patient.
Used in the financial press to indicate stock trading with no dividend,; bond trading with no interest; mutual fund paid recently a dividend or capital gain.
a term used to refer to a table in progress that is not yet able to be used in rating.
In the written terminology of various arts and trades, where two or more dimensionsof the same piece or article are to be stated, this letter Is a well-known symbolequivalent to the word “by.” Thus, the for-Qmula “3 x 5 in.” will be understood, or may be explained by parol evidence, to mean”three by five inches,” that is, measuring three inches in oue direction and five inanother. See J aqua v. Witham & A. Co., 106 Iud. 547, H 7 N, E, 314.
In the civil and old English law. An inn allowed by public license,for the entertainment of strangers, and other guests. Calvin.; Cowell.A hospital; a place where sick and infirm persons are taken care of. Cowell.
Reception of strangers; hospitality. Enc. Lond.
A punishment among the Greeks answering to our stocks. Wharton.
In old English law. Esnecy ; the right or privilege of the eldest born. Spelman; Glanv. lib. 7, c. 3; Fleta, lib. 2, a 66,
In Roman law. An officer who attended to the repairs of the temples and other public buildings; the repairs and cleanliness of the streets; the care of the weights and measures; the providing for funerals and games; and regulating the prices of provisions. Ainsw. Lex.; Smith, Lex.; Du Cange.
Equity acts upon the person. 4 Bouv. Inst. n. 3733.
XQUITAS EST CORRECTIO QUAEDAM LEGI AD- HIBITA, QUIA AB EA ABEST ALIQUID PROPTER GENERALEIU SINE EXCEPTIONE COMPREBEN- IONEM
Equity is a certain correction applied to law, because on account of its general comprehensiveness, without an exception, something is absent from it Plowd. 467.
Equity is as it were equality; equity is a species of equality or equalization. Co. Litt 24.
Equity does not make law, but assists law. Lofft, 379.
Lat In the Roman law. The treasury, (flscus.) Calvin.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?