the person who takes the x-rays but does not examine and interpret them.
These are short length light rays passed through a vacuum tube that can penetrate tissue. Also called roentgen rays.
These are the reports written by a doctor after examining the x-ray films.
The x-ray films remain the property of the physician. The report belongs to the patient.
Used in the financial press to indicate stock trading with no dividend,; bond trading with no interest; mutual fund paid recently a dividend or capital gain.
a term used to refer to a table in progress that is not yet able to be used in rating.
In the written terminology of various arts and trades, where two or more dimensionsof the same piece or article are to be stated, this letter Is a well-known symbolequivalent to the word “by.” Thus, the for-Qmula “3 x 5 in.” will be understood, or may be explained by parol evidence, to mean”three by five inches,” that is, measuring three inches in oue direction and five inanother. See J aqua v. Witham & A. Co., 106 Iud. 547, H 7 N, E, 314.
In the civil and old English law. An inn allowed by public license,for the entertainment of strangers, and other guests. Calvin.; Cowell.A hospital; a place where sick and infirm persons are taken care of. Cowell.
Reception of strangers; hospitality. Enc. Lond.
A punishment among the Greeks answering to our stocks. Wharton.
Equity does not make law, but assists law. Lofft, 379.
Lat In the Roman law. The treasury, (flscus.) Calvin.
In old English law. Esnecy ; the right or privilege of the eldest born. Spelman; Glanv. lib. 7, c. 3; Fleta, lib. 2, a 66,
In Roman law. An officer who attended to the repairs of the temples and other public buildings; the repairs and cleanliness of the streets; the care of the weights and measures; the providing for funerals and games; and regulating the prices of provisions. Ainsw. Lex.; Smith, Lex.; Du Cange.
Equity acts upon the person. 4 Bouv. Inst. n. 3733.
XQUITAS EST CORRECTIO QUAEDAM LEGI AD- HIBITA, QUIA AB EA ABEST ALIQUID PROPTER GENERALEIU SINE EXCEPTIONE COMPREBEN- IONEM
Equity is a certain correction applied to law, because on account of its general comprehensiveness, without an exception, something is absent from it Plowd. 467.
Equity is as it were equality; equity is a species of equality or equalization. Co. Litt 24.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- A Guide on Lemon Law for New & Used Cars
- The Exclusionary Rule
- Illegal Eviction – The Consequences & How to Avoid It
- California Landlord-Tenant Laws
- What is Duress?
- Conservatorship vs Guardianship
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?