Also called Gap Insurance, Loan/Lease Payoff Coverage covers the difference between how much an insurer will pay on a lost, stolen, or totalled vehicle, and how much the insured person still owes on the vehicle.
Archive | L RSS feed for this section
Members of the same household who do not drive an insured vehicle.
A bank, person, or other entity having a financial interest (such as a loan) in a vehicle.
Acquiring a vehicle from a dealer or leasing company under a contract, requiring the lessee to pay periodic payments for a specified period of time.
When an insurance policy is terminated or cancelled, and a replacement policy has not been obtained.
a term where a law of a state gives its courts jurisdiction over people and property outside the state.
a Latin phrase that means the law of the land.
the term applied to direct line such as grandfather, son, grandson and is important when a person dies without leaving a will.
the term that describes a period in a mentally unbalanced person’s life where they act normally.
the term that refers to the court that is the last resort where there can be no appeal.
a term applied to a person who is unrestrained morally and sexually.
term that means a full and claim-free title.
the name that is given to the paralegal personnel and the people who assist the lawyers in their work.
the term given to the code that is set up by the legal professionals that details their moral and professional duties to clients.
a Latin phrase that means the unwritten or the common law.
a legacy that grants a bequest on the condition that certain things are carried out.
a Latin phrase for the law of the place where the wrong was committed.
The term that describes the obligation or duty that is enforced by a court of law, it can be a debt and the legal responsibility to carry out what the law asks.
TLD Example: Going to the assistance of the victim of a motor vehicle accident on a busy highway might be the morally correct thing to do, but the law normally does not impose a legal obligation on the average person to do so.
the term used to describe the person who advocates for freedom related to social thought and conduct.
a test designed to test the ability of a person to read and write.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?