An EIN (employee identification number) is required for any company that has employees, or if you’re planning to start your own business, it is also necessary to have one. EINs are also known as the social security numbers of any business. So in this article, we’re going to discuss what an EIN is, why you […]
Maintaining a healthy work-life balance can be tough when you have to deal with the stresses of the workplace. The following blog post will explore what constitutes workplace retaliation and how it may impact your career. What is Workplace Retaliation Retaliation is any act taken by an employer or supervisor against an employee, applicant, contractor, […]
Nepotism in its simplest form is showing favoritism towards relatives. On the other hand, the less commonly thrown around (yet more commonly occurring) cronyism, is showing favoritism towards friends, associates, or colleagues. In general, they both involve “playing favorites.” Situations like choosing a relative for the job when there were more qualified applicants, promoting the […]
There are many reasons why someone may want to sue a company, whether that is for a breach of contract, an injury, or another wrongdoing on the business’ behalf. The people that file suit against businesses are often employees, customers, or stakeholders who have been harmed in some way by the company. This harm can […]
Firing an employee is one of the most challenging aspects of business, regardless of the situation. As an employer, preparing to deliver the bad news can feel overwhelming, especially if you have developed a close relationship with the employee. However, there are plenty of ways to make the difficult conversation go more smoothly, as well […]
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?