Similar to Roadside Assistance Coverage. Auto insurance that covers towing and labor charges in the event that a vehicle cannot be driven, such as during a breakdown or tire change.
Archive | T RSS feed for this section
a rule in some states where the death penalty is used that at least 2 or more witnesses need to testify to a persons guilt.
an attempt to corrupt and intimidate a jury to make it decide the way you want it to.
See tenancy in common.
a claim for property that is made by a third person who is not a party to a dispute that is in court relating to the property.
a term that is applied to a lease that is renewable indefinitely provided the rent is paid.
a term for a postponement for a limited time.
the term that is applied to a title that is free from any objections or limitations.
a trust that will benefit an educational institution or whose money or property will go towards establishing one.
the answer that a defendant files during a trial for an additional plea that has come out of the case.
evidence that is based on what a dead person has said many years before.
This term applies when the ownership of property is in doubt and the purchaser may find himself questioned in court.
the term applied to the part of a court’s work that is concerned with jury trials.
a right that is vested in one or more people to vote on behalf of shareholders to elect officers to control the activities of a corporation.
used to describe a title that has a defect on its face and the title itself may not have a defect.
This means to direct a verdict where the court grants the motion to sustain the judgement.
See testimonial clause.
a clear and definite trust that differs from an implied or a constructive trust.
This term describes the legacy to a trustee that is to held for certain beneficiaries.
the presumed ownership of property that is based on the occupancy of the property rather than the legal right to the title.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?