If an insured person pays for a policy in advance, the “earned” premium is the portion of the policy that has already been used.
Archive | E RSS feed for this section
a bar that will renounce or renege that facts that have already been agreed to in a contract.
the act or the performance on which a bond is conditioned or the conditions of the bond.
1. applied to any evidence that comes from outside the court. 2. Any evidence that is not pertinent to matters at hand.
This term applies to a judgement of court that hasn’t been carried out.
a right that depends on the continuing of present conditions. See expectant estates.
This the agreement and the obligation to act that is stated in explicit terms.
the term that is given to an injunction that is issued without notice being given to the party opposing.
This term applies to the creditors with claims against a debtor that exist and are valid.
This means to be outside of the boundaries of a state or country.
the care that a sensible person will use when faced with a dangerous event or condition.
the word that means to give a person the power to be able to do something.
a clause in a contract or a lease that is made during a time of government price control regulations.
This applies to the interpretation of a statute by narrowing or making larger the letter of the law.
1. The person with a legal claim against an estate. 2. The person with a lien on a property where the value is diminished until the encumbrance is removed.
a rule that is issued by a court of equity that is just and fair.
phrase with the meaning of having the right to future payments.
a device that is used to record the electric currents of the various chambers of the heart. Also called an ECG one EKG.
the objection to the plaintiff’s suit that is based on having no legal validity to a claim.
the term given to the deceit that lays the groundwork for setting aside a judgement.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?