If an insured person pays for a policy in advance, the “earned” premium is the portion of the policy that has already been used.
Archive | E RSS feed for this section
the term applied to the fair and reasonable reduction in the damages awarded to a claimant.
This term is used to lengthen the time given to m et an obligation.
This term means a change in the rules governing how property will be inherited by the legal descendants.
the pardon for a crime that has come from the governor or the president of a state.
a statement that goes beyond any limits of privilege and it is violent, intemperate or irrelevant.
an endorsement where the person endorsing attaches a condition to his liability.
This term applies to an offense that is committed and does not bear on the current trial.
the name given to the freedom a child gets when his parents allow him to leave home.
the term that is used when a unlawful offence has been done by an officer and he is removed from that office.
This phrase deals with possession of land and the right to possess it.
This term is given to trespass that is pardoned and does away with a law suit.
This term applies to the examine of a witness while under oath before a trial. Also called a deposition.
a Latin phrase that means a claim has arisen from the breaking of a law.
a personal right that is recognised by a court of equity.
This the term that is given to a tax assessment that is too high and does not conform with other evaluations.
This term applies to an endorsement where the person endorsing names a person who the money will be paid to.
the term given to an officer of a company that is able to act for the board of directors.
1. a homicide that is committed in self-defence. 2. An accidental homicide. See homicide, justifiable; justifiable homicide.
the term for having the sole power.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?