If an insured person pays for a policy in advance, the “earned” premium is the portion of the policy that has already been used.
This term is given to trespass that is pardoned and does away with a law suit.
This term applies to the examine of a witness while under oath before a trial. Also called a deposition.
a Latin phrase that means a claim has arisen from the breaking of a law.
a personal right that is recognised by a court of equity.
This the term that is given to a tax assessment that is too high and does not conform with other evaluations.
This term applies to an endorsement where the person endorsing names a person who the money will be paid to.
the term given to an officer of a company that is able to act for the board of directors.
1. a homicide that is committed in self-defence. 2. An accidental homicide. See homicide, justifiable; justifiable homicide.
the term for having the sole power.
the trace of the recording of the electrical impulses from the chambers of the heart.
the name that is given to an agreement between the President of the US and a representative of a foreign nation.
The term applying to the rights a citizen has to vote when an election is called.
a term in an insurance policy that requires proof of the circumstances that surround an accident.
This phrase is found new laws and indicates which legislative body voted for the statute.
a term that refers to a death that was not caused by any natural means.
the term given to an endorsement that limits a person’s liability who endorsed it.
This term applies to the uncertainty in a contract that comes from outside the contract.
This term is in a contract and means something is enforceable to perform or to execute.
the person who is appointed as the executor and will also be the trustee.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?