Insurance coverage provided by a policy that is beyond what is required by law. Includes Collision Coverage and Comprehensive Coverage.
A person who operates an insured vehicle who is not considered the primary or principle driver.
the term that is applied to an obligation that has no conditions attached to it.
a term used for the court decision that is against the defendant and orders him to abandon property he is occupying wrongly.
a term that is used for a settlement that is made in a worker’s compensation case where payments will continue for as long as the person is no able to work.
a term that is given to an agreement where the exact amount of goods to be bought isn’t specified.
a term given to a statement that is the written opinion of a judge who agrees with the final decision in a case but has disagreed with the reasoning.
term that applies to interfering with a police officer who is carryout his duties.
a term for the degree of diligence a person must exercise to avoid injuring other people.
an order from the court that commands a party to appear in court to show why something should not be done.
term used by a court where a decision of the court has been based on presented facts and not technical legal practice.
the name that is given to a suit that is brought for malicious purposes.
term that denotes that there is an agreement between 2 or more parties about the terms of a contract.
will that has been spoken orally and is a nuncupative will.
a term that is applied to the misbehaviour and unlawful acts committed by a public official while performing his duties.
a term that is given to the first entry that is made in an account book for a particular account.
the term used for the order that is in favour of the plaintiff and commands the defendant to settle the controversy between themselves.
the term used for the direction of a court to appoint a refer in order to decide a case.
the term applied to a sworn statement where a person purges himself and attempts to clear himself of wrong doing or misconduct.
term that is given to a person who owns property with other people.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?