Insurance coverage provided by a policy that is beyond what is required by law. Includes Collision Coverage and Comprehensive Coverage.
A person who operates an insured vehicle who is not considered the primary or principle driver.
an obligation where a person is bound by the express terms to carry out a certain promise.
1. An officer. 2. Pertaining to an office, official duties.
the name that is used for a person who is guilty of an offense according to law.
the abbreviation for the Occupational Safety and Health Act.
the name given to the obligation that is the main or ;primary reason for a contract.
a term that is given to the financial assistance that is given to the poor and the elderly people.
the term that is applied to hurtful, derogatory or obscene comments made by one person to another person.
a term that is used to describe the cancelling out or erasing of written material in a legal document.
the name given to the obligation where a person binds himself to fulfill it and solely to carry it out.
the term applied to a basic patent or a patent that is a new discovery in a new field.
a term that is applied to presentation to a court that states the testimony and proof that is introduced to prove a case.
an abbreviation for the phrase over the counter. See NASDAQ.
the term that describes the obligation needing to be fulfilled if the principal obligation can’t be fulfilled.
a term that describes hated and malice.
The authority of a court that tried the case originally.
a term that is used for overcoming evidence that is presented by a party to a suit by presenting more convincing evidence.
An obligation arising from a firm contract or agreement.
the term given to a bond that is able to be called for payment at a date before it comes to maturity.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online