a term applied to an admission that has inconsistent statements.
a matter that will be decided in a court of law.
an oath that is taken under some circumstances that will modify and reduce its forcefulness.
a question asked of a witness by the attorney that suggests the answer to be given.
This term means to be full of complaints, be a habitual complainer, to continually find fault and to be peevish.
See hypothetical questions.
a term that means to partially release from an obligation.
the term used for a juror who is qualified and able o be on a jury due to sound mind, lacking prejudice, living in the area, etc.
the term that is given to a conditional refusal to hand over property that should be legally handed over. The refusal can be due to a lien.
the term that describes a person’s attributes that are needed for a certain job or position.
a court proceeding to remove a cloud from a property title. See cloud on title.
a term that means the result of division.
a Latin phrase that means that the 2 things that appear to be different on the surface are actually the same matter.
a Latin term for the legal action to collect a penalty through supplied information.
This describes an area of land that is usually 160 acres.
The name for a negligent, careless yet lawfully created nuisance that may cause an injury.
the term that describes a person who fulfills all of the qualifications that are needed to vote.
the description of a question that is able to be answered with a yes or a no.
a term for a semi-denial or an inadequate denying of the charges.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?