a term used for the conditional clause in a contract.
a term that means to partially release from an obligation.
the term that is given to a conditional refusal to hand over property that should be legally handed over. The refusal can be due to a lien.
the term used for a juror who is qualified and able o be on a jury due to sound mind, lacking prejudice, living in the area, etc.
a court proceeding to remove a cloud from a property title. See cloud on title.
the term that describes a person’s attributes that are needed for a certain job or position.
a Latin phrase that means that the 2 things that appear to be different on the surface are actually the same matter.
a term that means the result of division.
a Latin term for the legal action to collect a penalty through supplied information.
This describes an area of land that is usually 160 acres.
The name for a negligent, careless yet lawfully created nuisance that may cause an injury.
the term that describes a person who fulfills all of the qualifications that are needed to vote.
the description of a question that is able to be answered with a yes or a no.
a term for a semi-denial or an inadequate denying of the charges.
a suit brought about to obtain a determination as to the title of a certain piece of property.
Latin term applied to the action based on a claim for money damages where a defendant’s property is subject to jurisdiction of the court.
a valid disclaimer of an interest in a property that is subject to gift band estate tax.
a matter that will be decided in a court of law.
a term applied to an admission that has inconsistent statements.
a question asked of a witness by the attorney that suggests the answer to be given.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online