a Latin phrase that means that the 2 things that appear to be different on the surface are actually the same matter.
Archive | Q RSS feed for this section
a term that means the result of division.
a Latin term for the legal action to collect a penalty through supplied information.
This describes an area of land that is usually 160 acres.
The name for a negligent, careless yet lawfully created nuisance that may cause an injury.
the term that describes a person who fulfills all of the qualifications that are needed to vote.
the description of a question that is able to be answered with a yes or a no.
a term for a semi-denial or an inadequate denying of the charges.
a suit brought about to obtain a determination as to the title of a certain piece of property.
Latin term applied to the action based on a claim for money damages where a defendant’s property is subject to jurisdiction of the court.
a valid disclaimer of an interest in a property that is subject to gift band estate tax.
a matter that will be decided in a court of law.
a term applied to an admission that has inconsistent statements.
a question asked of a witness by the attorney that suggests the answer to be given.
an oath that is taken under some circumstances that will modify and reduce its forcefulness.
See hypothetical questions.
This term means to be full of complaints, be a habitual complainer, to continually find fault and to be peevish.
a term that means to partially release from an obligation.
the term that is given to a conditional refusal to hand over property that should be legally handed over. The refusal can be due to a lien.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?