a question asked of a witness by the attorney that suggests the answer to be given.
Archive | Q RSS feed for this section
an oath that is taken under some circumstances that will modify and reduce its forcefulness.
See hypothetical questions.
This term means to be full of complaints, be a habitual complainer, to continually find fault and to be peevish.
a term that means to partially release from an obligation.
the term that is given to a conditional refusal to hand over property that should be legally handed over. The refusal can be due to a lien.
the term used for a juror who is qualified and able o be on a jury due to sound mind, lacking prejudice, living in the area, etc.
a court proceeding to remove a cloud from a property title. See cloud on title.
the term that describes a person’s attributes that are needed for a certain job or position.
a Latin phrase that means that the 2 things that appear to be different on the surface are actually the same matter.
a term that means the result of division.
a Latin term for the legal action to collect a penalty through supplied information.
This describes an area of land that is usually 160 acres.
The name for a negligent, careless yet lawfully created nuisance that may cause an injury.
the term that describes a person who fulfills all of the qualifications that are needed to vote.
the description of a question that is able to be answered with a yes or a no.
a term for a semi-denial or an inadequate denying of the charges.
a suit brought about to obtain a determination as to the title of a certain piece of property.
Latin term applied to the action based on a claim for money damages where a defendant’s property is subject to jurisdiction of the court.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?