Regarding auto insurance, a driver whose conduct is held legally responsible for causing an accident.
Archive | A RSS feed for this section
A range of technologies intended to deter auto theft, such as a car alarm. Equipping vehicles with anti-theft devices often lead to a discount on insurance premiums.
The onboard system controlled by a vehicle’s computer that assists the manual braking system, helping a driver safely stop or slow a vehicle without skidding or losing control.
Concerning auto insurance, the amount the policyholder and the insurance company decide will be paid in the event of an accident that results in a total loss of the insured vehicle.
Regarding auto insurance, the price agreed to by the claimant’s chosen auto repair shop and the insurance adjuster to complete the work necessary to fix the damage to a vehicle.
Concerning auto insurance, a party, such as a lienholder, who does not necessarily use the vehicle, but may nonetheless be named as an Additional Interest Insured and held liable for an accident involving that vehicle.
A form of optional auto insurance coverage wherein the insurer waves its right to increase the rate of the policyholder at fault of an accident.
the change in a pleading, the written presentation of a case, that is made in such a manner as to make the court’s permission unnecessary.
The penalty made for paying off a loan before the due date.
A bastardy proceding in order to determine the paternity of a child to determine if he needs to pay for its support. See paternity proceeding.
Putting an end to a law suit. If the matter is to be further pursued a new action or suit must be brought about.
A divorce that is total and final where the husband and wife return to being single.
the term used to describe the preparations and planning in an attempt to commit a robbery that failed.
the second summons that has to be served because the original summons was defective or was improperly served.
This an abbreviation for also known as or the alias a person is known by.
the term used to describe an attack carried with the intention of forcing sexual intercourse against the wishes of the victim.
the organisation whose members are attorneys at law from the various states of the US.
These are the damaging criticisms that imply that a person is not honourable.
the increase in value of property and does not usually include the increased value from renovations or improvements.
The person promoting or instigating the performing of a criminal act. See instigation.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?