A court document required in cases involving certain traffic violations that demonstrates the financial responsibility of the convicted person.
The second person named on an auto insurance policy and who has the same coverage as the Named Insured.
A type of vehicle title branding which states that a vehicle has been damaged and/or declared a total loss by an insurance company that paid a claim on it. Requirements for salvage titles vary widely from state to state.
a law that governs a situation in an accident where 2 people die at the same time who have willed their estates to each other.
a term that is used when a mortgage is foreclosed without having to resort to a court action.
the power that is given to an agent to carry out certain acts that he has been authorised to carry out.
1. The presentation of facts informally by the plaintiff.2. A declaration in some states when a motion is made for a new trail.
the term that is given to a copy of a decision of the supreme court that is issued as soon as the decision was reached.
a form of mental illness where a person withdraws from reality and most often occurs in adolescents and young adults.
a law with the purpose of correcting an existing law.
the name that is given to a person who replaces the defendant in a suit.
a sale that has been agreed on but the details as yet are to be worked out.
the name applied to a strike where the worker’s stay on the premises and stop working.
the acknowledgement of a deed or other document by a woman who is married that is separate and apart from her husband’s acknowledgement.
the name given to an offense that has not depended on the action of other people.
These are the documents that are carried by all ships on the high seas that shows nationality, port of origin, ports of call, cargo and the proof of it complying with navigation laws.
a where a thing is made to look like a thing that it is not with an attempt to defraud.
the term applied to the property that is owned and controlled by a spouse where the partner has no control over.
the term used to describe a person who has hidden inside a plane or ship to get a free ride.
a term that is applied when a plaintiff or a defendant is changed during a law suit with the permission of the court when a pleading process has been amended.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?