A court document required in cases involving certain traffic violations that demonstrates the financial responsibility of the convicted person.
Archive | S RSS feed for this section
The second person named on an auto insurance policy and who has the same coverage as the Named Insured.
A type of vehicle title branding which states that a vehicle has been damaged and/or declared a total loss by an insurance company that paid a claim on it. Requirements for salvage titles vary widely from state to state.
a boycott against a company that does business with a company in dispute with the union.
a term that is applied to the temporary stoppage in the operation of a regulation or law.
See proceeding, supplementary.
This means to transfer a criminal from a location back to the location the crime was committed in.
the calculation of a future earning of a person who has died and is used by a jury to award damages to the heirs.
the name applied to a pleading beyond the denial of the plaintiff’s charges that can include justification for an action.
a law that applies to everybody that differs from one that applies to one person of a few people.
a mining contract where a person is given a right to mine a pit that is open and was mined at an earlier date.
the name that is given to the procedure where a surgeon cuts into a person’s body to remove a tumour or to fix a defect.
a situation where there are no known claimants or heirs to property left by a deceased person.
a trust that is set up to protect a beneficiary from his own spending tendencies or his incompetence to handle money and property.
an apparent sale and not an actual sale of property to attempt to place it out of reach of your creditors.
an untruth that is made to look like a truth in order to deceive, a false and invented fact.
a term meaning to have the same ideas, the same meaning.
a term that is used for the sexual practices that differ from the average person’s.
a sale that is conditioned or tentative and depends on the intended purchaser’s satisfaction with a thing he is buying.
the act of a sheriff or other officer of the court in carrying out a judgement of the court.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?