A court document required in cases involving certain traffic violations that demonstrates the financial responsibility of the convicted person.
The second person named on an auto insurance policy and who has the same coverage as the Named Insured.
A type of vehicle title branding which states that a vehicle has been damaged and/or declared a total loss by an insurance company that paid a claim on it. Requirements for salvage titles vary widely from state to state.
a law stating what cannot be done, that prohibits an act.
the term that is given to any remedy that is not an ordinary action. See proceeding, ordinary.
the name that is given to the doctrine that a defendant, by his negligence, causes damage to another person’s property, he is liable for any personal injuries that are suffered by the owner in trying to retrieve his property.
1. The guarantee of a debtor to pledge payment of a debt. 2. The right that people have to be safe, secure and happy.
a term for sentences that run at the same time as other sentences and often occur when has a person has committed a number of wrongs.
the name of a federal statute that makes in unlawful to attempt to overthrow the government by force.
a law that will protect an informant’s right to conceal his source of information.
the name that is given to a person who is appointed by a body like the House of Representatives, the Senate or other organisation to keep order at meetings.
the term that applies to a sale that is ordered by a court that is against the owner’s wishes.
the term that is given to a statute that has been changed altered, reenacted or updated.
a term for an additional security for a debt that is subordinate to the original security and is a secondary guarantee that the debt will be paid.
an expression that denotes that a document has been executed properly.
a term that describes the agreement between the insurer an the insured to cancel a policy and make a new policy.
an injury that results from failing to take precautions that differs from negligence that is willful and deliberate.
a process that is immediate amend takes place without any delay.
the term that describes having sexual intercourse with a person who is younger than the legal age of consent.
the power and the authority to make and enforce the law of the land. See inherent power.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?