Auto insurance that covers damage to the insured vehicle when an accident is caused by another driver who has insufficient insurance to cover the damage him or herself.
a demand for damages where the price has not been set yet.
See undistributed profits.
a lease to drill for oil or gas that will terminate unless drilling starts by a set date.
the answer by a witness that does not answer the question he was asked.
These are the laws adopted by most states that have similar implications.
the regular and normal course of operations of a business in conducting the customs of the trade.
This means that something is clear and with no doubt.
a mistake where one party has misunderstood an agreement.
These are the extra monies that a corporation has not distributed as dividends or has put into a surplus account.
This term applies to the pardon that is given without any terms and conditions.
an award that is awarded to a woman who is divorced that includes support for her children and for herself.
term that means new or not happened before.
the right a person has when his property faces a street to have access, light, air and an entrance an exit to an from his property.
the term that describes a person who is unable to defend himself in court as he is suffering from ill health or a mental incapacity.
This occurs where property once legally possessed is continued to be possessed when the rights have ended.
a partnership where each person gives all of his property to the partnership.
the term given to an injury that has occurred even after all due care and diligence was practiced.
a term that means a person is not yet married.
This means to take property when you have no right to do so.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?