This word, when descriptively used in a grant, does not mean “in immediate contact with,” but “near” to, the object to which it relates; and “near” is a relative term, meaning, when used in land patents, very unequal and different distances. Wells v. Mfg. Co., 48 N. H. 491. A contract to complete work by a certain time, means that it shall be done before that time. Rankin v. Woodworth, 3 Pen. & W. (Pa.) 48. By an acquittance for the last payment all other arrearages are discharged. Noy, 40.
What is BY?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?