1. A model or skeleton of an instrument to be used in a judicial proceeding,containing the principal necessary matters, the proper technical terms or phrases, andwhatever else is necessary to make it formally correct, arranged in proper and methodicalorder, and capable of being adapted to the circumstances of the specific case.2. As distinguished from “substance,” “form” means the legal or technical manner ororder to be observed in legal instruments or juridical proceedings, or In the constructionof legal documents or processes.The distinction between “form” and “substance” is often important in reference tothe validity or amendment of pleadings. If the matter of the plea is bad or insufficient,irrespective of the manner of setting it forth, thedefect is one of substance. If the matter of the plea is good and sufficient, but isinartificially or defectively pleaded, the defect is one of form. Pierson v. Insurance Co.,7 Houst. (Del.) 307, 31 Atl. 060.
What is FORM?
- CONCLUSION AGAINST THE FORM OF THE STATUTE
- DEFECT OF FORM
- MANNER AND FORM; MODO ET FORMA
- COMMERCIAL CRIME COVERAGE FORM
- AGAINST THE FORM OF THE STATUTE
- BROAD FORM PERSONAL THEFT INSURANCE
- SPECIAL PERSONAL PROPERTY FORM
- SPECIAL BUILDING FORM
- BUSINESS AUTO COVERAGE FORM
- PREMISES THEFT-OUTSIDE ROBBERY COVERAGE FORM
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How to Fill Out Form W-9
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?