1. A model or skeleton of an instrument to be used in a judicial proceeding,containing the principal necessary matters, the proper technical terms or phrases, andwhatever else is necessary to make it formally correct, arranged in proper and methodicalorder, and capable of being adapted to the circumstances of the specific case.2. As distinguished from “substance,” “form” means the legal or technical manner ororder to be observed in legal instruments or juridical proceedings, or In the constructionof legal documents or processes.The distinction between “form” and “substance” is often important in reference tothe validity or amendment of pleadings. If the matter of the plea is bad or insufficient,irrespective of the manner of setting it forth, thedefect is one of substance. If the matter of the plea is good and sufficient, but isinartificially or defectively pleaded, the defect is one of form. Pierson v. Insurance Co.,7 Houst. (Del.) 307, 31 Atl. 060.
What is FORM?
- CONCLUSION AGAINST THE FORM OF THE STATUTE
- DEFECT OF FORM
- MANNER AND FORM; MODO ET FORMA
- COMMERCIAL CRIME COVERAGE FORM
- AGAINST THE FORM OF THE STATUTE
- SPECIAL PERSONAL PROPERTY FORM
- BROAD FORM PERSONAL THEFT INSURANCE
- SPECIAL BUILDING FORM
- PREMISES THEFT-OUTSIDE ROBBERY COVERAGE FORM
- BUSINESS AUTO COVERAGE FORM
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?