1. A model or skeleton of an instrument to be used in a judicial proceeding,containing the principal necessary matters, the proper technical terms or phrases, andwhatever else is necessary to make it formally correct, arranged in proper and methodicalorder, and capable of being adapted to the circumstances of the specific case.2. As distinguished from “substance,” “form” means the legal or technical manner ororder to be observed in legal instruments or juridical proceedings, or In the constructionof legal documents or processes.The distinction between “form” and “substance” is often important in reference tothe validity or amendment of pleadings. If the matter of the plea is bad or insufficient,irrespective of the manner of setting it forth, thedefect is one of substance. If the matter of the plea is good and sufficient, but isinartificially or defectively pleaded, the defect is one of form. Pierson v. Insurance Co.,7 Houst. (Del.) 307, 31 Atl. 060.
What is FORM?
- CONCLUSION AGAINST THE FORM OF THE STATUTE
- DEFECT OF FORM
- MANNER AND FORM; MODO ET FORMA
- COMMERCIAL CRIME COVERAGE FORM
- AGAINST THE FORM OF THE STATUTE
- BROAD FORM PERSONAL THEFT INSURANCE
- SPECIAL PERSONAL PROPERTY FORM
- SPECIAL BUILDING FORM
- BUSINESS AUTO COVERAGE FORM
- PREMISES THEFT-OUTSIDE ROBBERY COVERAGE FORM
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check