A distributive adjective pronoun, which denotes or refers to every one of thepersons or things mentioned; every one of two or more persons or things, composingthe whole, separately considered. The effect of this word, used in the covenants of a’bond, is to create a several obligation. Seller v. State, 160 Ind. 605, 67 N. E. 448;Knickerbocker v. People, 102 111. 233; Costi- gan v. Lunt, 104 Mass. 219.Eadem causa diversis rationibns coram judicibus ecclesiasticis et aeculari- busventilatur. 2 Inst. 622. The same cause is argued upon different principles beforeecclesiastical and secular judges.Eadem est ratio, eadem est lex. Thesame reason, the same law. Charles River Bridge v. Warren Bridge, 7 Pick. (Mass.) 493.Eadem mens praesnmitur regis quae est juris et quae esse debet, praesertim indubiis. Hob. 154. The mind of the sovereign is presumed to be coincident with that ofthe law, and with that which it ought to be, especially in ambiguous matters.
What is EACH?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?