A distributive adjective pronoun, which denotes or refers to every one of thepersons or things mentioned; every one of two or more persons or things, composingthe whole, separately considered. The effect of this word, used in the covenants of a’bond, is to create a several obligation. Seller v. State, 160 Ind. 605, 67 N. E. 448;Knickerbocker v. People, 102 111. 233; Costi- gan v. Lunt, 104 Mass. 219.Eadem causa diversis rationibns coram judicibus ecclesiasticis et aeculari- busventilatur. 2 Inst. 622. The same cause is argued upon different principles beforeecclesiastical and secular judges.Eadem est ratio, eadem est lex. Thesame reason, the same law. Charles River Bridge v. Warren Bridge, 7 Pick. (Mass.) 493.Eadem mens praesnmitur regis quae est juris et quae esse debet, praesertim indubiis. Hob. 154. The mind of the sovereign is presumed to be coincident with that ofthe law, and with that which it ought to be, especially in ambiguous matters.
What is EACH?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is a statute of limitations and how long does it last?
- What is the Fair Housing Act and who does it protect?
- How Long is a Life Sentence?
- What is Entrapment?
- A Guide to the Types & Classes of Bankruptcy
- A Simple Guide to Medicare vs Medicaid
- What are the Miranda Rights?
- Property Management Law
- How Arbitration Works
- What is the Fourth Amendment?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?