As applied to the post-otfice, this term means the carriage of letters, whether applied to the hag into which they are put. the coach or vehicle by means of which they are transported, or any other means employed for their carriage and delivery by public authority. Wynen v. Schappert, 6 Daly (N. Y.) 560. It may also denote the letters or other matter so carried. The term “mall.” as used in Rev. St. U. S.
What is MAIL?
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?