In reference to judicial and quasi judicial proceedings, the “event” meansthe conclusion, end, or final outcome or result of a litigation; as, in the phrase “abidethe event,” speaking of costs or of an agreement that one suit shall be governed by thedetermination in another. Reeves v. McGregor, 9 Adol. & El. 576; Benjamin v. Ver Nooy.16.S N. Y. 578, 61 N. E. 971; Commercial Union Assur. Co. v. Scammon, 35 111. App.660.Eventus est qui ex causa sequitur; et dicitur eventus quia ex causis evenit.9 Coke, 81. An event is that which follows from the cause, and is called an “event”because it eventuates from causesEventus varios res nova semper ha- bet. Co. Litt 379. A new matter always producesvarious events.
What is EVENT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check