Existing in possibility but not in act; naturally and probably expected to come into existence at some future time, though not now existing; for example, the future product of grain or trees already planted, or the successive future instalments or payments on a contract or engagement already made. Things having a “potential ex- istence” may be the subject of mortgage, as POTEST QUIS RENUNCIARE 921 POURPRESTURE signment, or sale. See Campbell v. Grant Co., 30 Tex. Civ. App. 041, 82 S. W. 790; Dickey v. Waldo, 97 Mich. 25.”., 50 N. W. 008, 23 L. It. A. 449; Cole v. Kerr, 19 Neb. 553, 20 N. W. 598; Umg v. Mines. 40 Kan. 220, 19 Pac. 790. 10 Am. St. Rep. 192. Potest qiiis rcnunciare pro se et suis juri quod pro se introductum est. Bract 20. One may relinquish for himself and his heirs a right which was introduced for his own benelit.
What is POTENTIAL?
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased