To bring one to a trial and examination, or to ascertain the truth or the quality or fitness of a thing. Something hy which to ascertain the truth respecting another thing; a criterion, gauge, standard, or norm. In public law, an inquiry or examination addressed to a person appointed or elected to a public office, to ascertain his qualifications therefor, hut particularly a scrutiny of his political, religious, or social views, or his attitude of past and present loyalty or dis- loyalty to the government under which he is to act. See Attorney General v. Detroit Common Council, OS Mich. 213, 24 N. W. 887, 55 Am. Rep. 075; People v. Hoffman, 110 111. 587. 5 N. E. 500, 50 Am. Rep. 703; Rogers v. Buffalo, 51 Hun, 037, 3 N. Y. Supp. 074.
What is TEST?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?