In the United States, unsecured LOANS available to member BANKS from excess balances held at one of the 12 FEDERAL RESERVE BANKS. The process of borrowing Federal Funds is represented as a purchase of funds, while lending is the sale of funds. The majority of Federal Funds transactions mature the business day after they are contacted, though term transactions for from one week to six months can be arranged. Federal Funds are available immediately (i.e., they are considered GOOD MONEY), an advantage over interbank CLEARINGHOUSE funds, which are generally only accessible one to two days after contracting.
What is FEDERAL FUNDS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?