In the law of evidence. Purpose or intention, combined with plan, or implyinga plan in the mind. Burrill, Circ. Ev. 331; State v. Grant, 80 Iowa, 210, 53 N. W.120; Ernest v. State, 20 Fla. 3S8; Hogan v. State, 3G Wis. 226.As a term of art, the giving of a visible form to the conceptions of the mind, or invention.Binns v. Woodruff, 4 Wash. C. C. 48, Fed. Cas. No. 1,424.In patent law. The drawing or depiction of an original plan or conception for a novelpattern, model, shape, or configuration, to be used in the manufacturing or textile artsor the fine arts, aud chiefly of a decorative or ornamental character. “Design patents”are contrasted with “utility patents,” but equally involve the exercise of the inventive ororiginative faculty. Gorliam Co. v. White, 14 Wall. 524, 20 L. Ed. 731; Manufacturing Co.v. Odell (D. C.) 18 Fed. 321; Binns v. Woodruff, 3 Fed. Cas. 424; Henderson v. Tompkins(C. C.) 60 Fed. 758.”Design, in the view of the patent law, is that characteristic of a physical substancewhich, by means of lines, images, configuration, and the like, taken as a whole, makesan impression. through the eye, upon the mind of the observer. The essence of adesign resides, not in the elements individually, nor in their method of arrangement,but in the tout ensemble
What is DESIGN?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?