A sheet of paper or parchment annexed to a statute, deed, answer in equity, deposition, or other instrument, exhibiting in detail the matters mentioned or referred to in the principal document. A list or inventory; the paper containing an inventory. In practice. When an indictment is returned from an inferior court in obedience to a writ of certiorari, the statement of the previous proceedings sent with it is termed the “schedule.” 1 Saund. 309a, n. 2. In constitutional law. A schedule is a statement annexed to a constitution newly adopted by a state, in which are described at length the particulars in which it differs from the former constitution, or which contains provisions for the adjustment of matters affected by the change from the old tp the new constitution. SCHEME. In English law, a scheme Is a document containing provisions for regulating the management or distribution of property, or for making an arrangement between persons having conflicting rights. Thus, in the practice of the chancery division, where the execution of a charitable trust in the manner directed by the founder is difficult or impracticable, or requires supervision, a scheme for the management of the charity will be settled by the court Tud. Char Trusts, 257; Hunt, Eq. 248; Daniell, Ch. Pr 1765
What is SCHEDULE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How Long is a Life Sentence?
- What is Entrapment?
- A Guide to the Types & Classes of Bankruptcy
- A Simple Guide to Medicare vs Medicaid
- What are the Miranda Rights?
- Property Management Law
- How Arbitration Works
- What is the Fourth Amendment?
- How To Start a Sole Proprietorship
- What Does Emancipation Mean?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?