Lat. “Who as well .” Au actiou brought by au informer, uuder a statute which establishes a peualty for the commission or oniissiou of a certain act, aud provides that the same shall be recoverable iu a civil action, part of the penalty to go to any person who will bring such action and the remainder to tlie state or some other institution, is called a “qui tain action;” because the plaintiff states that he sues as well for the state as for himself. See lu re Barker, 50 Vt. 14; Grover v. Morris, 73 N. Y. 478. Qui tardius solvit, minus solvit. He who pays more tardny Lilian he ought] pays less [than he ought.] Jeuk. Cent. 58. Qui timent, cavent vitant. They who fear, take care aud avoid. Branch, Princ. Qui totum dicit nihil excipit. lie who says all excepts uothing. Qui vult decipi, decipiatur. Let him who wishes to be deceived, be deceived. Brooui, Max. 782, note; 1 De Cex, M. & G. 087, 710; Shep. Touch. 50.
What is QUI TAM?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?