1. A non stated set of guidelines which specify normal behaviour is a social context. Social control and order are prevalent due to the pressure exterted on an individual to coform to the social norm, one which is expected from all members of a community from each other. 2. A set of standard rules and laws laid down by the legal system, religions or persons of social authority which judges the appropriateness or inappropriateness of an individual’s actions.
What is NORM?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?