The common term for a bill of exchange; as being drawn by one person onanother. Hinnemann v. Rosenhack, 39 N. Y. 100; Douglass v. Wilkeson, 0 Wend. (N. Y.) 043.An order for the payment of money drawn by one person on another. It is said to bea nomen general I? si mum, and to include all such orders. Wildes v. Savage, 1 Story,30, 29 Fed. Cas. 1226; State v. Warner, 60 Kan. 94, 55 Pac. 342.Draft also signifies a tentative, provisional, or preparatory writing out of any document(as a will, contract, lease, etc.) for purposes of discussion and correction, andwhich is afterwards to be copied out in its final shape.Also a small arbitrary deduction or allowance made to a merchant or Importer, in the case of goods sold by weight or taxableby weight, to cover possible loss of weight in handling or from differences inscales. Marriott v. Brune, 9 How. 033, 13 L. Ed. 2S2: Seel ergcr v. Mfg. Co.. 157 U. S.183, 15 Sup. Ct. 583, 39 L. Ed. 005; Napier v. Barney, 17 Fed. Cas. 1149.
What is DRAFT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?