A package means a bundle put up for transportation or commercial handling; a thing in form to become, as such, au article of merchandise or delivery from hand to hand. A parcel is a small package; “parcel” being the diminutive of “package.” Each of the words denotes a thing in form suitable for transportation or handling, or sale from hand to hand. U. S. v. Goldback, 1 Hughes, 529, Fed. Cas. No. 15,222; Haley v. State, 42 Neb. 556, 60 N. W. 962, 47 Am. St. Rep. 71S; State v. Parsons, 124 Mo. 436, 27 S. W. 1102, 4G Am. St. Rep. 457. “Package,” in old English law, signifies one of various duties charged in the port of London on the goods imported and exported by aliens, or by denizens the sons of aliens. Tomlins.
What is PACKAGE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?