A package means a bundle put up for transportation or commercial handling; a thing in form to become, as such, au article of merchandise or delivery from hand to hand. A parcel is a small package; “parcel” being the diminutive of “package.” Each of the words denotes a thing in form suitable for transportation or handling, or sale from hand to hand. U. S. v. Goldback, 1 Hughes, 529, Fed. Cas. No. 15,222; Haley v. State, 42 Neb. 556, 60 N. W. 962, 47 Am. St. Rep. 71S; State v. Parsons, 124 Mo. 436, 27 S. W. 1102, 4G Am. St. Rep. 457. “Package,” in old English law, signifies one of various duties charged in the port of London on the goods imported and exported by aliens, or by denizens the sons of aliens. Tomlins.
What is PACKAGE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?