Lat In the civil law. The formal complaint or claim of a plaintiff before the prtetor. In old English law. A count or declaration iu a real action, (narratio.) Bract, lib. 4, tr. 2, c. 2; Fleta, lib. 4, c. 7; Du Cange. Intentio caeca mala. A blind or obscure meaning is bad or ineffectual. 2 Bulst 170. Said of a testator’s intention. Intentio inservire debet legibus, non leges intention!. The intention [of a party) ought to be subservient to [or in accordance witlij the laws, not the laws to the in- tention. Co. Litt. 314a, 3146. Intentio mea imponit nomen operi meo. Hob. 123. My iutent gives a name to my act
What is INTENTIO?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?