1. The hollow or channel of a water-course ; the depression between the banks worn by the regular and usual flow of the water. “The led is that soil so usually covered by water as to be distinguishable from the banks by the character of the soil, or vegetation, or both, produced by the common presence and action of flowing water.” Howard v. Ingersoll, 13 How. 427, 14 L. Ed. 189. And see Paine Lumber Co. v. U. S. (C. C.) 55 Fed. 864; Alabama v. Georgia, 23 How. 515, 16 L. Ed. 556; Haight v. Keokuk, 4 Iowa, 213; Pulley v. Municipality No. 2, 18 La. 282; Harlan, etc., Co. Y. Pas- ehall, 5 Del. Ch. 463. 2. The right of cohabitation or marital Intercourse; as in the phrase “divorce from bed and board,” or o mensa et thoro.
What is BED?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?