this is the term that is a bar against trying a case after certain facts have been accepted to be true.
Archive | J RSS feed for this section
the name given to the court record book where all judgements are listed and kept on file.
the term given to a note that is against a person who borrows money or buys on an installment plan.
The term used to describe an escape from jail that is accompanied by violence and force.
the term given to the temporary judge who is filling in at court.
the uniting of 2 or more people as the co-plaintiffs or as the co-defendants.
the term given to the controversy seen between labour unions with each claiming a right to represent workers.
the name of the court that hears matters relating to the offenses committed y minors.
a term used when a party accepts the raising of an issue of fact by the party opposing in a law suit.
the term given to the investigation looking into and enforcing liabilities under the law.
the name that is given to the laws allowing the courts to render a judgement against one or more joint debtors.
the term that means to use sound judgement.
the term used to describe the dismissal of a matter without having a trial based on the issues and their merits.
the name for a court’s decision to settle in favour of one party to a suit.
a term used that applies to the period that lasts till the death of the last to survive of specified people.
a term given to an officer of a military court martial who can act as the prosecutor.
the term that applies to the legal and valid obligations owed by a deceased estate.
a term used to describe the wrong doing of youths and children.
the term that means a false claim to title to property, or the claim to a title is invalid; slander of title.
a term where the courtesy of the court that respects a judicial decisions of another state.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date