a person found to be guilty of a misdemeanour who gets lenient treatment.
Archive | F RSS feed for this section
used to describe a property that borders or adjoins to another property.
a motion to dismiss the charges as they are flimsy and untenable.
a plea that is a sham and is devoid of any merit at all.
French term that means an act of God.
This term is given to an untrue statement in books of accounts that is made to deceive.
This evidence that is false or altered so much that it is deceitful.
a term used for a legal that is recognised as being sufficient by law.
This term is given to a person sets fires deliberately, a pyromaniac and the committer of arson.
This term is used when an heir or a legatee fails to fulfil a promise that has been made when the deceased was alive.
the term given to the value that is placed on property for imposing taxes.
a document that has been counterfeited.
This term is applied to the act of taking another person’s identity.
This the term given to a fact that is not founded on a truth.
This term is applied to a national law that has been enacted by Congress.
a Latin phrase for a slanderous or libelous letter or writing.
an act that has been with bad faith and dishonesty.
These are the assets and resources needed to operate a business.
a group of laws established by the federal courts that is not influenced by laws and decisions of state courts.
This term applies to the legal using of material that is copyrighted and no payment of royalties is required.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?