This term is applied to the earnings an injured would have made if he had not have been injured.
Archive | F RSS feed for this section
abbreviated to FDIC and is an agency of the US government that insures solvency of banks and their deposits.
the amount set that needs to be deposited before a suspect is released.
These are the facts that a plaintiff will base his claim on or which the defendant denies the claim on.
TLD Example: The time it takes for a trial can be greatly reduced if the opposing parties can agree on key points and reduce the facts in issue in a particular case.
This term applies to the unlawful restraint and or imprisonment of a person and an illegal arrest.
This term applies to the beneficiary who receives more than others.
the term given to the decision that will settle a matter.
the merger of businesses that is not to be contested by any of the businesses involved.
a ruling to prevent Americans who earn money overseas from paying double income tax.
These are the agreed on prices. See price fixing.
an unlawful attempt in trying to influence a juror or jurors.
This term means to enter a person’s property by force and against the occupants wishes.
These are the laws that prohibit the discrimination when hiring people.
a person who joins in a crime in order to apprehend the people doing the crime. He is undercover.
This term applies to bank that fails to pay the depositor’s when they want there money and the failing of a person tom meet his obligations.
This term is applied to the value of a property that a seller will accept and the buyer will pay.
a corporation whose stock is held largely by one family.
a person found to be guilty of a misdemeanour who gets lenient treatment.
used to describe a property that borders or adjoins to another property.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?