a term from the 1960’s meaning to cohabit and have a sexual relationship without being married to each other.
Archive | F RSS feed for this section
the term given when a false statement has been made by a person under oath.
another term for something that is outrageously prejudiced.
the authority to hear and try a case from beyond your own borders.
The price of stock that is determined by evaluating the assets of a corporation minus its liabilities.
This term applies when a n untrue statement is sworn to be a true statement.
a trial where the rights of the defendant is safeguarded by an impartial judge and jury deciding the matter.
This involves the surrender of a fugitive from a country to another where he will be tried.
The federal law that requires information be given to the public.
a phrase often used in a plaintiff’s case in the opening statement.
the term given to a trial in the presence of an impartial judge and jury. See fiar and impartial trial.
an agreement in a family where decisions of inheritance is decided.
This term applies to the authority to hear, try and decide a case.
the term that describes the exporting and importing of goods between countries.
This term is applied to perjury when lies are found in an affidavit.
This involves completing a contract or an agreement where all obligations have been fulfilled.
the term used to describe the price that a property would bring if it is sold in an open and free market.
This abbreviated to the FBI and is a bureau dealing with the investigation into maintaining and dealing with internal security of the USA.
an agreement to how the assets of an estate will be distributed without the family going to court for a decision.
This term is used when a person transfers title to another person so creditors won’t be able to collect a debt.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date