In the practice of the English chancery division, where there are several parties to an administration action, including those who have been served with notice of the decree or judgment, and it appears to the judge (or chief clerk) that any of them form a class having the same interest, (e. g., residuary legatees,) he may require them to be represented by one solicitor, in order to prevent the expense of each of them attending by separate solicitors. This is termed “classifying the interests of the parties attending,” or, shortly, “class! fying,” or “classification.” In practice the term is also applied to the directions given by the chief clerk as to which of the parties are to attend on each of the accounts and inquiries directed by the judgment. Sweet
What is CLASSIFICATION?
- STANDARD INDUSTRIAL CLASSIFICATION (SIC) CODE
- CERTIFICATE OF CLASSIFICATION
- CLASSIFICATION SOCIETY
- LIBRARY OF CONGRESS CLASSIFICATION
- GOVERNING CLASSIFICATION
- UNIVERSAL DECIMAL CLASSIFICATION (UDC)
- UNITED NATIONS STANDARD PRODUCT AND SERVICES CLASSIFICATION (UNSPSC)
- DEWEY DECIMAL CLASSIFICATION (DDC)
- NORTH AMERICAN INDUSTRY CLASSIFICATION SYSTEM (NAICS)
- GUS CLASSIFICATION
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?