The act or business of exchanging commodities by barter; or the business of buying and selling for money; traffic; barter. Webster; May v. Sloan, 101 U. S. 237, 25 L. Ed. 797; U. S. v. Cassidy (I). C.) 07 Fed. 841; Queen Ins. Co. v. State, SO Tex. 250, 24 S. W. 307, 22 L. It. A. 483. The business which a person has learned and which lie carries on for procuring subsistence, or for profit; occupation, particularly mechanical employment; distinguished from the liberal arts and learned professions, and from agriculture. Webster; Wooiltield v. Colzey, 47 Ga. 124; People v. Warden of City Prison, 144 N. Y. 529, 39 N. E. 0S0, 27 L. B. A. 718; In re Stone Cutters’ Ass’n, 23 Pa. Co. Ct. R. 520. Traffic; commerce, exchange of goods for other goods, or for money. All wholesale trade, all buying in order to sell again by wholesale, may be reduced to three sorts: The home trade, the foreign trade of consumption, and the carrying trade. 2 Smith, Wealth Nat. b. 2, c. 5.
What is TRADE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?