the information that is kept on births, deaths. Marriages, divorces, longevity etc that is kept by public authorities for determining public utilities etc.
Archive | V RSS feed for this section
the worth of an item in money, its value, saleable value, fair value. See value, fair; fair and reasonable market value.
1. To willingly pay a debt. 2. Paying an illegal demand such as a bribe when it is asked for.
the term used to describe killing a person by using a vehicle.
A term often used in a promissory note meaning that there has been a lawful consideration given for the note.
a verdict that is sealed inside an envelope that will be delivered when the court is in session next.
the interference of a person’s right to privacy by various means such as showing photos in public.
a term used to describe the truthfulness or the honesty of a person.
the name of a federal government agency that administers government benefits to veterans of the US armed forces and their dependents.
a French term for face to face or in relation to.
a verdict with an award of money to a plaintiff arrived at by adding all of the juror’s awards and dividing by the number of jurors.
verdict that is subject and is dependent on a court’s decision of various points of law.
These are the list of names that have been authenticated by an officer of the court.
the name given to a group of people who get together voluntarily to form an organisation to carry out public good.
the name that is given to a consulate of a government who assumes the duties of a consul.
the name that is given to the verdict that is directed by the judge to the jury.
an ordinary type of verdict that states who won the case.
the name of the 18th Amendment that prohibits the general sale of liquor and was repealed in 1933.
a judgement that is as he fails to press a suit in the courts against the plaintiff
a copy of a document that has been authenticated by the creator of the original.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?