the status given to a person who travels from place to place, does not work and loiters around with no means of support.
Archive | V RSS feed for this section
the proof of a fact that is based on the proof of the circumstances surrounding it.
the term that describes the private feud that is often associated with violence and a desire to revenge a wrong.
the verdict that declares a defendant not guilty of the crime he was charged with. See not guilty.
a contract that is spoken and is not written down. See oral contract; verbal agreement.
the value of a property if the owner wanted to sell it to a buyer willing to buy it.
See fair and reasonable market value.
This means to record a person’s voice for the purpose of identification.
the verdict that declares a defendant guilty of the crime he was charged with.
the name used to describe a death that is not natural or a death this caused by an accident or the actions of another person.
the value of an estate after all of the claims have been paid.
See value, fair.
a term that applies to the request by a debtor for him to be declared bankrupt.
the verdict that finds a person guilty but also mentally incompetent.
this is a term given to the changing of a venue where a trial will be held because the new location is better for a fair trial.
the value that a seller will sell an item for a and a value the buyer is willing to pay.
an act to infringe on a copyright where you have no permission to do so. See infringement of copyright.
a rule in building contracts where an owner is entitled to the difference in value between what is built and what should have been built.
applied to a verdict that isn’t in line with the principles of justice.
when a person fails to follow the instruction of the court when they are paroled.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?