a verdict with an award of money to a plaintiff arrived at by adding all of the juror’s awards and dividing by the number of jurors.
Archive | V RSS feed for this section
verdict that is subject and is dependent on a court’s decision of various points of law.
These are the list of names that have been authenticated by an officer of the court.
the name given to a group of people who get together voluntarily to form an organisation to carry out public good.
the name that is given to a consulate of a government who assumes the duties of a consul.
the name that is given to the verdict that is directed by the judge to the jury.
an ordinary type of verdict that states who won the case.
the name of the 18th Amendment that prohibits the general sale of liquor and was repealed in 1933.
a judgement that is as he fails to press a suit in the courts against the plaintiff
a copy of a document that has been authenticated by the creator of the original.
verdict that is given by a jury in an open court as differing from a private verdict. See verdict, privy.
a verdict that has ruled on each fact at issue rather than in favour of one of the parties. See verdict, general.
a term that applies to the clause or clauses in a law that prescribe the penalties for various violations.
the term given to the killing of a person that is associated with a fit of anger seemingly for a good reason. It is intentional but not planned.
a federal law that provides a person with the right to vote without any conditions or requirements.
verdict that is given in private to a judge after the court has been adjourned. It will be given publicly when the court is in session next.
the term that is applied to a verdict that the jury was entitled to render by law.
a term given to the clauses in laws that prescribe the penalties for violations of the laws.
a malicious action done to annoy or hassle the opponent in a case before court.
a term that is used for a judgement that has no legal force or effect.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date