the foreclosure of a lien on property without using a law suit but is based on existing statute.
Archive | S RSS feed for this section
the privileged of an employer to make and sell an invention of one of his employees without paying any royalties.
a term used to determine the future of a property so it will not be impaired or harmed by its current occupant.
a term that means withdrawing from a membership in a group or organisation.
a fund that has been created and managed by the state so it can pay worker’s compensation benefits and awards.
the term for an agreement or a covenant by the property owner to hold the property fore a relative.
the act of standing by and not giving out any information that is important to resolve a legal issue.
a term for a person who has been seen or heard from and is presumed to be dead.
a clause that allows a different distribution of property than that was originally prescribed.
the name of a federal law that has been enacted to aid small business enterprises.
a law that provides the punishment for a crime or an offense.
a term used to describe a pardon that is granted to a person by the action of a legislative body.
the name that is used to describe a rundown and dilapidated housing area where poor people are living in poverty.
a statement in Article VI of the US Constitution that states laws are the laws of the land and all other laws are subservient to and bound by the laws laid down by the constitution.
a written memorandum that states the matter in dispute between the plaintiff and a defendant has been settled.
the term that is applied to an estate that is owned by only one person.
the term used for buying securities from insider information giving a favourable position that is not granted to the public.
This s something that a defendant can call upon when defending himself. The plaintiff is given notice of any special matter to be introduced.
a term for describing the location of something.
a term where a person sells stocks that are not really owned by the seller where the seller hopes to cover the sale by buying it later at a lower price.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?