This means to give up a lien or an assignment of a creditor to trustee in a case of bankruptcy that makes the creditor’s claim allowable.
Archive | S RSS feed for this section
the receiving and the holding of stolen goods that is an offense if the person is aware they are stolen.
a term to describe getting a person a drunk and then putting him a on a ship about to go to sea.
a the law that concerns a person or a group of people. See statute, personal.
the term given to the explanation in a statute of confusing or an ambiguous provision in an earlier statute.
the concept that says that 2 or more people are free to make an agreement that they wish and it will be respected and enforced.
1. A codicil in a will that replaces an old beneficiary with a new one. 2. To gift over by giving a gift of a bequest to another person as the original bequest does not take place.
the name that is given to a company whose business it to assume the responsibility and payment guarantee for the obligations of another person or company.
the name that is given to a federal agency that regulates and supervises the securities industry.
a law that gives the right to people and corporations to do a thing that they were not previously allowed to do.
the term that is applied to a particle of evidence that may be insignificant.
the term that describes a sale that is made to avoid legal obligations to a person’s creditors.
a statute that contains the words that set forth the true intent and meaning.
extra material that is presented at an equity trial that supports a cause of action or defence or will correct a defect in an original cause of action or defence. See equity.
another name for an expert witness.
a counterclaim by the defendant against the plaintiff. The setoff may not have anything to do with a plaintiff’s original claim.
This si the name that is given to information that concerns the matters of government that can’t be and shouldn’t be revealed even by witnesses in court.
the term that is applied to the conscious intention and premeditation in carrying out an act.
These are the court sessions that happen when the term of a court is over but matters need to be disposed of.
the name that is given to the attorney who is in charge of a law suit when there are 2 or more attorneys that represent the same client.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date