a term that describes the part of an estate that may be distributed if certain events were to occur.
Archive | R RSS feed for this section
the situation where both parties in a suit obtain a rule nisi.
an additional cross-examination of the witness.
the term that is given to a point in the case where everything that should be done is done before a final judgement is made.
abbreviated to ROR when a person is released on a pledge to appear in court to answer the charges against him at a later date.
the evidence and the testimony that directly relates to the issues disputed or discussed.
the term for granting a new trial that often results in new evidence that pertains to the case.
a term for the worth of a thing in an open and competitive market. It is the fair and the reasonable value of a thing.
a term that means to take back or to withdraw a statement that has been made, to repudiate.
this is the name that is given to an amended complaint that relates back to the initial complaint for the purpose of keeping it inside the statute of limitations.
the act of restoring a party to its previous position before an agreement or contract was made.
the term that means to repay or to restitute.
This s a federal law that provides an unemployment insurance for the employees of the railroads.
a principle that is considered by the courts when it is asked to issue an injunction.
the statement of charges that is given by a creditor to the debtor. It is an account rendered.
the term given to an agreement that concerns real estate such a s a contract for land.
the term that is given to the evidence that can be seen in a court room.
These are the regulations that govern the conduct of business by a court and the presiding judge carries rules of the court as the needs arise.
the part of the law that details the methods for enforcing your rights.
hiring an attorney for a specific purpose in order to carry out a certain task.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?