the action where a patient is kept in the confines of a institution of hospital for their well-being.
Archive | D RSS feed for this section
the court action that is based on the criminal conduct of the defendant against the plaintiff where the plaintiff seeks recompense for injuries.
the method used by a plaintiff that will test the adequacy of a defendants answer to charges.
the name that is given to the trial lawyer who is the defendant’s representative.
The name given to damages that are insignificant and awarded to a plaintiff without a serious loss or injury being sustained.
used to describe a person who has acted irrationally due to lacking awareness of a reasonable action.
the term used to describe papers, instruments, written statements and anything that has been written down.
a phrase that means to have subnormal intelligence.
This means to give the corporation’s assets to the stockholders that deprives the creditors payment of claims.
This term applies to a person with debt who will squander his money and not pay his creditors.
These are the damages that are unexpected and result from the original act and are beyond the control of the party that is negligent.
the term that is given to a delayed sentence.
the term given when a person needs to pay extra tax on his income as the result of an audit.
the term that is given for the day that a summons to be appear in court must be answered.
the term that is given to the final court’s decision and will render it impossible for another suit to be brought about by the same person on the same matter.
the phrase denoting the person who will benefit from a policy when the policy holder dies.
term that relates to a very harsh or severe law.
when a witness will object to a question asked of him and offer reasons why he won’t reply.
This phrase describes and act that is planned and has been considered before being carried out.
This land that has control over and restricts the construction of buildings within a set distance from the boundaries.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?