the term that is given for the day that a summons to be appear in court must be answered.
Archive | D RSS feed for this section
the term that is given to the final court’s decision and will render it impossible for another suit to be brought about by the same person on the same matter.
the phrase denoting the person who will benefit from a policy when the policy holder dies.
term that relates to a very harsh or severe law.
when a witness will object to a question asked of him and offer reasons why he won’t reply.
This phrase describes and act that is planned and has been considered before being carried out.
This land that has control over and restricts the construction of buildings within a set distance from the boundaries.
This term applies to the evidence that gives adequate proof that is backed by facts that are incontrovertible.
the phrase that describes the immediate cause of an accident or an injury.
the substance that contains all of our genetic material and is found in all living cells.
a phrase in a will, that shows the transfer of title and property to an heir.
the name given to a divorce that is granted by the courts own discretion.
the term given to people or a company that occupies its premises and to conduct business during proceedings of bankruptcy.
what the decision of an appellate court is called. It may uphold or modify or reverse the decision of the lower court.
the term given to a court of the federal government that has jurisdiction over a set geographical area.
money paid to an employee when they are dismissed that is in addition to wages owed.
This used to describe a plea combining 2 or more grounds of action to gain a single decision.
the objection to an indictment that is based on a problem of defect in the indictment.
This term applies to the taking care and being diligent to prevent an accident.
This the money that is awarded to the complainant that is equal to the actual injury or loss. See damages, compensatory.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?