when a case has been dismissed without a judgement.
Archive | D RSS feed for this section
the situation where a judge directs a jury to what the verdict should be.
The award that will cover a loss and not a thing more.
a word that means to be concerned, eager to carry out a responsible act, untiring
a term where the people who make up a corporation are treated the same as the corporation.
the term given to the slander or libel of a person who is dead.
the doctrine that states an old will shall stand whether the person had the intention of making a new will and didn’t.
the term that removes the barriers that are based on concepts of racism.
This means to have sworn under oath by a person who administers oaths.
the action that takes place in a juvenile court when a child is placed under the court’s jurisdiction.
This term is used to describe a person who is behind the wheel of a vehicle and is driving on public roads while under the influence of alcohol.
This term is given to a company that functions as a legal enterprise but really has nor purpose at all in the corporation.
This term applies to judges decision that is not made at the end of the testimony but is kept till a later date.
the status a person can have when he is claimed by 2 countries to be a citizen and can travel on 2 passports.
This can be an ethical or an unethical practice depending on how it is done. An attorney will divide fees among all joint attorneys, ethical, but it is unethical when the attorney has solicited business for another attorney.
the term used to describe the contracts that are based on the underlying financial markets.
A term used in medical jurisprudence where it needs to be ascertained how a person has died before they can be cremated or buried.
This term is given to a person with no regard for the social standards expected of him and he behaves in a lewd, immoral and unrestrained way.
the measure and the extent of evidence in a case and is the major factor in determining guilty or not guilty.
A law in some states where a widow has the right to one-third of her husband’s land.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date