the court acknowledge meant that the will presented is the will of the deceased. It is still possible to be contested.
Archive | A RSS feed for this section
This the power granted to the court that allows it to act on certain types of legal matters.
These are the organisation that by, written and oral examinations determine a physician to become a specialist. A diploma from this board states that the physician is an expert in his field of medicine.
Running away from the law, to make yourself absent in an attempt to avoid the legal process.
This the doctrine that treats a corporation and those who own its stock to be identical. It is applied with no regard to the corporate entity in order to further justice.
The trust that holds onto income so the capital will increase rather than paying out the income to a beneficiary.
The act of suspending a trial or a hearing without fixing another date for the next session. It is a Latin phrase.
Latin. the court order that commands a person against whom it has been issued to do something one else show why he should not be forced to do so. See mandamus.
Any lawsuit that is in progress.
A promissory or IOU note where a person that is not the original borrower has put there name. The second person assumes responsibility for payments when the original borrower fails to meet obligations. See endorsement.
a suit that is given in such terms that of the several facts presented it is not sure which the attorney will base the case on.
an affidavit that is made by the attorney where he is objecting to the court’s decision and states that the objection is not made for delaying purposes.
This an IOU or an agreement to pay a debt that is endorsed by a person who has good credit.
Latin term meaning before the fact. This applies to an act that has been done before or a previous act.
The action of failing to use ordinary care that will result in mental or physical harm to another person. the opposite of passive negligence.
The leaving of a husband or wife without just cause and with a deliberate intention of creating a lifetime separation.
The property that an owner has given up all claims, possession and rights. No designation has been given as the possessor.
the age that a female is legally able to consent to sexual intercourse and or to marriage. This may differ from state to state and some states have a legal age for males too.
This term applies to the precise value of property upon which taxes need to be paid.
The action to acquit; or the action to release from an obligation.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- How To Find Out Who Owns A Property
- How To Find Your Social Security Number
- How To Find Out If Someone Died
- How Long Does A Background Check Take?
- What Does Disposed Mean In A Court Case?
- Squatter’s Rights & Adverse Possession: What You Need To Know
- The Difference Between Sexual Battery, Sexual Assault, & Rape
- What Is the Difference Between an Indictment and a Charge?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else's Behalf
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find An Inmate's Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?