the boundaries to a property and shows what the adjacent properties are. See boundary suit.
Archive | A RSS feed for this section
This term applies to the relative position of 2 people in reference to a third person where the relationship to the third person is different for the 2 parties.
The action of buying or gaining the possession of property.
the age that is usually taken as 14 years old and is when is considered old enough to choose their own guardian.
This any judgement that permits satisfaction in any of several ways.
The agreement where the borrower guarantees absolutely that the repayments will be made on the loan or the contract where one party absolutely agrees to pay due monies.
the monetary value that applies to the thing that is in dispute between the two litigants.
Any act that is committed by a jailer or another person that allows a criminal to escape. It is a criminal offense.
a lease that can be transferred to another person without getting the landlord’s permission.
The remedy that will bring relief in the controversy that is at hand. This will defeat the defendant totally and permanently. See remedies.
This applies to all trials where witnesses are examined. In usual usage it applies to a dispute or a fight.
the agency that happens where there is an agreement between the agent and the principal.
the person who stirs up or incites a situation, especially a situation that is of discontent.
A person who is capable of serving in the military. It does mean that there are no defects but that a person is able.
An example of this is the Sherman Antitrust Act and the Clayton Act where federal laws aim at preventing corporations, individuals, combinations of corporations or trusts from gaining and maintaining a monopoly and thus restraining free trade.
Any action or words that are deceptive and are used to conceal the truth.
These are the rights that apply to people to use rivers, lakes and the sea for the purposes of fishing, pleasurable pursuits and navigation.
This term applies to the breaking down of a lump sum of money and distributing it into several parts. It is often used when business accounts are analysis.
The action of repealing a law, an annulment, or cancelling an existing statute or agreement.
The action of confessing or to admit something.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- How To Obtain a Death Certificate
- How To Report A Scammer To The Police
- How To Sue A Company
- How To Fire An Employee The Right Way
- How To Find Out If Someone Is Married
- How Does Unemployment Work?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?