The remedy that will bring relief in the controversy that is at hand. This will defeat the defendant totally and permanently. See remedies.
This applies to all trials where witnesses are examined. In usual usage it applies to a dispute or a fight.
the agency that happens where there is an agreement between the agent and the principal.
the person who stirs up or incites a situation, especially a situation that is of discontent.
These are the changes that a person makes to his tax return to correct any errors that were made in the original filing.
Latin, for from the first act or meaning from the start.
These are any modifications made to the Constitution of the United States of America that must be ratified first by three quarters of the states for it to become an amendment and part of the Constitution.
a series of books that are printed and contains annotations of cases that have been important to American Law. These reports are often referred to by attorneys in law suits.
This person is the chief administrative officer of the Army.
This term applies to the right an individual has for the information he gives his attorney that it be kept confidential.
The action of consenting that is usually accompanied without any enthusiasm. Agree to going quietly.
the term used when a court ends before the case is settled and the case may be automatically bound over to next session or term of the court. Known as automatic continuance.
the law that determines the heirs of a person who has died without making a will that
the agreement made between a man and a woman before they get married with provisions for property disposal should they divorce or a partner dies. See antinuptual settlement; premarital agreement.
The procedure that will be carried out when there is not enough money in an estate to fulfil all debts and bequests.
Any death that comes about from a lawful act that is done on the assumption that no harm will result. Involuntary manslaughter results from an unlawful act.
the legacy of the will maker or testator who gives one of two or more things without actually designating which one.
This the request for a remedy where the plaintiff is unsure of the type or exact relief they are entitled to receive and permits the court to direct one of several forms.
The trial with two opposing parties and each one is given the opportunity to present to the court its side of the issues being contested.
the agreement of one person who will pay the debts of another person.
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- A Guide on Lemon Law for New & Used Cars
- The Exclusionary Rule
- Illegal Eviction – The Consequences & How to Avoid It
- California Landlord-Tenant Laws
- What is Duress?
- Conservatorship vs Guardianship
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?