the first born child in a family.
Archive | A RSS feed for this section
Taking an oath that will give up a right already had such as pledging an allegiance to a new country by giving up the right of allegiance to another country.
This means to distribute the portions of something such as rights to something, land or shares.
a philosophy of law resulting from analysing and comparing many legal concepts and does not depend upon any one theory or existing principles or laws.
This term applies to apparent authority and not actual authority.
The unqualified and the total agreement in accepting a liability or a responsibility.
The document that is recognised formally before an authorised official. The person who acknowledges the instrument says that it is authentic and has been executed freely and voluntarily.
Any person connected to a crime before or after it has happened, but was not present when the crime was committed. See aid and abet.
the second subpoena that is issued after the original subpoena failed to accomplish the purpose of it.
This the wrongful act of one person that interferes with the affection one spouse has for the other. This could be one a husband or wife is deprived of the others affection because they have fallen in love with someone else.
This term is used to describe an attack that is carried with malice aforethought and has the intent to kill someone.
the organisation that is composed of the 2 largest labour unions in the USA, the American Federation of Labour and the Congress of Industrial Organisations.
Damages that are added on to the amount that is actually due or damages that are added as a punishment for the defendant. Added damages is sometimes called smart money.
In some states of the US this must be filed every year by the corporations doing b business in that state and attests to the fact that are not part of a pool or combination of corporations restraining free trade.
A person who takes a property before the heir has a chance to get the property.
Anything that is of concern to the community or general public.
The act of forcibly taking over an aircraft. See hijacking.
when the court takes the property and will hold it during the course of the trial. The property is security should the case be decided against the defendant.
This enables a person to act; it gives the authority for a person to carry out an act.
the change in a pleading, the written presentation of a case, that is made in such a manner as to make the court’s permission unnecessary.
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?