v. To show publicly; to display ; to offer to the public view; as. to “expose”goods to sale, to “expose” a tariff or schedule of rates, to “expose” the person. Boyntonv. Page, 13 Wend. (N. Y.) 432; Comm. v. Byrnes, 158 Mass. 172. 33 N. E. 343; AdamsExp. Co. v. Schlessinger, 75 Pa. 240; Centre Turnpike Co. v. Smith, 12 Vt. 216.To place in a position where the object spoken of is open to danger, or where it isnear or accessible to anything which may affect it detrimentally; as, to “expose” a child,or to expose oneself or another to a contagious disease or to danger or hazard of anykind. In re Smith, 146 N. Y. 68, 40 N. E. 497, 28 L. R. A. 820, 48 Am. St. Rep. 709;Davis v. Insurance Co., 81 Iowa, 496, 46 N. W. 1073. 10 L. R. A. 359, 25 Am. St. Rep.509; Miller v. Insurance Co., 39 Minn. 548, 40 N. W. 839.
What is EXPOSE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?