A recompense or consideration made to a person for his pains and industry in another person’s business; also wages, stipend, or annual allowance. Cowell. A fixed periodical compensation to be paid for services rendered; a stated compensation, amounting to so much by the year, month, or other fixed period, to be paid to public officers and persons iu some private employments, for the performance of official duties or the rendering of services of a particular kind, more or less definitely described, involving professional knowledge or skill, or at least employment above the grade of menial or mechanical labor. See State v. Speed, 183 Mo. 180, 81 S. W. 1200; Dane v. Smith, 54 Ala. 50; Fidelity Ins. Co. v. Shenandoah Iron Co. (C. C.) 42 Fed. 370; Cowden v. Huff, 10 Ind. 85; In re Chancellor, 1 Bland (Md.) 590; Houser v. Umatilla County, 30 Or. -ISO, 49 Pac. 807; Thompson v. Phillips, 12 Ohio SALE 1053
What is SALARY?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?